Product Code: SMC027J
The global market for thin-layer deposition technologies should grow from $32.1 billion in 2017 to $60.7 billion by 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.6% for the period of 2017-2022.
Chemical vapor deposition technology market for thin-layer deposition should grow from $22.1 billion in 2017 to reach $31.4 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 7.3% for the period of 2017-2022.
Ion implantation technology market for thin-layer deposition should grow from $9.9 billion in 2017 to reach $29.0 billion by 2022 at a CAGR of 24.0% for the period of 2017-2022.
The scope of the study is limited to the three main technologies as named in the Thin-layer deposition market. Also, this report studies and discusses the materials of these technologies, in terms of applications and properties. BCC Research analyzes the major types of CVD, ion implantation and epitaxy systems used to manufacture products in four key industries. The report assesses and reviews trends in demand and their impact on each Thin-film technology and key market drivers within each industry.
- 42 data tables and 36 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for thin-layer deposition technologies within the semiconductor manufacturing industry
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2016, 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Information on major types of deposition technologies, their applications and unique properties by three types of materials -- chemical vapor deposition (CVD), ion implantation and molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) systems
- Analysis of the industry's manufacturing capacity and consumption by various regional markets covering Americas, EMEA and APAC
- Discussion on the influence of government regulations, technological updates, and the economic factors that affect the growth of the market
- Company profiles of the leading market players within the industry including Applied Materials Inc., CVD Equipment Corp., LAM Research Corp., SUMCO Corp., and Tokyo Electron Ltd.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
- Thin-film Industry Changes
- Technology Expansion in the Asia-Pacific Region
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- Deposition Technologies
- End-user Industries
- Key Market Drivers
- Fast-Growing Semiconductor Market
- Tremendous Number of Existing and Emerging Market Applications
- Intensive R&D by Universities, Institutes and Industrial End-users
- Key Market Challenges
- Huge Capital Investment
- Ongoing R&D Requirement
- Compliance, Restrictions and Regulatory Pressures
Chapter 4: Market Breakdown by Technology
- Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Basic Thermal Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Metal-organic Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Low-pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Plasma-enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition
- High-density Plasma Chemical Vapor Deposition
- Tetra-ethoxysilane Ozone Chemistry
- Ion-implantation Technology
- Beamline Ion Implantation
- Plasma-immersion Ion Implantation
- Ion-assisted Deposition
- Ion Beam-assisted Deposition
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by End-user Industry
- Semiconductor Applications of CVD
- Semiconductor Applications of Ion Implantation
- Epitaxy Applications for Semiconductors
- Flat-Panel Displays
- Light-Emitting Diodes
- Medical Industry
- Product Definition
- Aerospace Market
- Industrial Thin-film Applications
- Industrial CVD and Ion-implantation Market Growth Factors
- Product Definition
- Cutting Tool Industry Competitiveness
- New Product Development
- International Market Growth
- Cutting Tool Growth Factors
- Cutting Tool Applications
- CVD Reactor Types
- CVD versus PVD Process
- Industry Competitiveness of Thin-film Processes in Microelectronics
- Economic Conditions in Microelectronics
Chapter 6: Market Breakdown by Material
- Chemical Vapor Deposition Materials
- Ion-implantation Materials
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy Materials
Chapter 7: Market Breakdown by Region
Chapter 8: Patent Review/New Developments
- Chemical Vapor Deposition-related Patents
- Ion Implantation-related Patents
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy-related Patents
Chapter 9: Analysis of Market Opportunities
- Next Generation Applications
- Gradual Replacement of Si by GaN and SiC
- Demand for Impenetrable, High Purity, Homogeneous Coating Surface Materials
- Emerging Opportunities for Thin-film Technology
Chapter 10: Company Profiles
- ADVANCED MICRO FABRICATION EQUIPMENT
- AIXTRON SE
- APPLIED MATERICALS INC.
- CVD EQUIPMENT CORP.
- IHI HAUZER B.V.
- IHI IONBOND
- KOKU.S.AI SEMICONDUCTOR EQUIPMENT CORP.
- LAM RESEARCH CORP.
- OERLIKON BALZERS
- SHIN-ETSU CHEMICAL CO. LTD.
- SUMCO CORP.
- TOKYO ELECTRON LTD.
- VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC.
Chapter 11: Acronyms