Product Code: MFG033C
The global market for industrial boilers should increase from $13.0 billion in 2018 to $18.2 billion in 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% for 2018-2023.
Steam industrial boilers market should increase from $11.8 billion in 2018 to $16.2 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 6.6% through 2023.
Hot water industrial boilers market should increase from $1.3 billion in 2018 to $2.0 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 9.3% through 2023.
This study reviews industrial boiler technology categories, along with relevant market and production information, technological descriptions and issues, applications and market factors and potential, and gives an overview of relevant incentives and regulations in major worldwide markets. This study will be of interest to current and potential manufacturers and suppliers of industrial boilers, entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial companies interested in entering or expanding into the industrial boiler technology sector. It will also be of interest to corporate planners and strategists, boiler research and development strategists, engineering, procurement, and contracting (EPC) firms involved in the development and installation of large industrial boilers, boiler industry groups, and other public- and private-sector interest groups and market analysts.
Industrial boiler categories considered in this study -
- Waterwall (steam).
- Watertube (steam).
- Firetube (steam).
- Fluidized bed (steam).
- Hot water boilers (all technologies).
The data presented are agnostic of fuel, and include traditional fossil fuels (natural gas, coal, liquid fuels, petroleum coke, etc.) as well as alternative fuels such as biomass and biogas. The market analysis provided in this report is based on a variety of data sources. These include the most recent government, industry, and corporate data on industrial boiler sales, production, imports, and exports; manufacturing and industrial productivity data used to help gauge historic and anticipated future market growth; data generated by recent and ongoing research and development efforts aimed at identifying new and developing niches for certain classes of industrial boilers, and potential for associated growth; and available corporate project announcements for major industrial boiler installations.
Boiler technology advances can be characterized by incremental change, rather than industry-shaping leaps. Nonetheless, emerging industrial boiler technologies that may become commercially viable within the next five years are summarized, but are not included in the market assessment of this report. BCC Research analyzes each major viable industrial boiler technology as shown above, determines its current market status, examines its impact on future markets, and presents forecasts of growth over the next five years. Technological issues, including the latest trends, are assessed and discussed, as are the current and likely regulatory environments in support of this industry. Sales of both new and replacement/retrofit boilers are considered.
BCC Research analyzes the industrial boilers industry on a worldwide basis in terms of its manufacturing and the deployment of its technologies or products. BCC Research also examines government roles in regulating boiler emissions worldwide, and identifies key laws and regulations that are expected to drive development of replacement and retrofit markets through 2023. BCC Research also discusses recent trends and projections in terms of unit sales (as well as market sales values).
- 69 data table and 62 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for industrial boilers
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 to 2018 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Coverage of industrial boiler technology by various categories, along with relevant market and production information, technological descriptions, issues involved, applications, and growth driving factors and potentials
- Assessment of governmental regulations regarding boiler emissions and standards, and identification of key laws that are expected to drive development of replacement and retrofit markets
- Examination of the moderate level of fragmentation among smaller and specialty boiler makers
- Analyses of manufacturing industries these boilers widely support, including food and food products, chemicals, paper and paper products, petroleum refining and petroleum products, and metals
- Profiles of leading companies in the market, including AC Boilers, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, Bosch Group, GE Energy, Kawasaki Thermal Engineering, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Shanghai Boiler Works and Siemens Energy
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Intended Audience
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- Boiler Capacity: Key Terminology
- Industrial Boilers: A Brief History
- Industrial Boiler Technologies and Classifications
- Firetube Boilers
- Watertube Boilers
- Waterwall Boilers
- Oil and Gas Boilers
- Solid Fuel Boilers
- Hot Water or Steam Boilers
- Boiler Fluids
- Package and Engineered Boilers
- Industrial Boiler Auxiliary Systems
- Industrial Boiler Efficiency
- Boiler Efficiency Overview
- Maximum Continuous Rating and Average Annual Rating
- Industrial System Efficiency
- Industrial Boiler Applications and Capacity
- Emerging Technologies and Developments
- Technologies Not Considered
Chapter 4: Regulatory Considerations
- North America
- U.S. EPA Boiler MACT
- U.S. EPA NESHAP
- New-Source Performance Standards
- Canadian Council of Ministries of the Environment
- Canadian Multi-Sector Air Pollutants Regulations (SOR/2016-151)
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Regulations
- Water Quality Regulations
- North America Analysis
- European Energy Efficiency and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- European Air Emission Standards
- Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU
- Europe Analysis
- India and Southeast Asia
- Asia Analysis
Chapter 5: Industrial Boilers: Global Market Summary
- Scope of the Market Analysis
- Industrial Boilers Global Summary
Chapter 6: Global Markets for Waterwall Boilers
- North America
- Waterwall Boilers Global Summary
Chapter 7: Global Markets for Watertube Boilers
- North America
- Watertube Boilers Global Summary
Chapter 8: Global Markets for Firetube Boilers
- North America
- Firetube Boilers Global Summary
Chapter 9: Global Markets for Fluidized Bed Boilers
- North America
- Fluidized Bed Boilers Global Summary
Chapter 10: Global Markets for Hot Water Boilers
- North America
- Hot Water Boilers Global Summary
Chapter 11: Analysis of Industry Trends and Market Opportunities
- Industrial Boiler Supply Chains
- Industry Organizations
- Key Trends Influencing Markets
- Retrofit Market in Key Developed Nations
- Manufacturing Growth Drives Markets in Developing Nations
- Regulatory Concerns
- Common Areas of Boiler System Improvement
- Retrofit Financing
- Quest for Energy Efficiency
- Environmental and Permitting Requirements and Trends
- Trends in Fuel Source
- Boiler Maintenance
- Possibility that Manufacturing Growth Might Drive Markets in the U.S.
Chapter 12: Company Profiles
- AC BOILERS
- AE&E NANJING BOILER
- ALFA LAVAL
- AMEC FOSTER WHEELER
- ANDRITZ GROUP
- BABCOCK HITACHI
- BABCOCK WANSON UK
- BABCOCK & WILCOX CO.
- BURMEISTER & WAIN ENERGY
- BHARAT HEAVY ELECTRICALS LIMITED
- BOILER WORKS
- BOSCH GROUP
- CHEEMA BOILERS LTD.
- CLAYTON INDUSTRIES
- DETROIT STOKER
- DONGFANG ELECTRIC
- DONGFANG BOILER
- DOOSAN HEAVY INDUSTRIES & CONSTRUCTION
- DOOSAN POWER SYSTEMS LTD.
- ENGLISH BOILER AND TUBE
- FULTON BOILER WORKS
- GENERAL ELECTRIC
- GE ENERGY
- HAMON DELTAK
- HANGZHOU BOILER GROUP INDUSTRIAL BOILER CO.
- HANGZHOU BOILER GROUP
- HARBIN ELECTRIC CO.
- 1399 CHUANGXINYI RD.
- HKB / VIESSMANN
- VIESSMANN MANUFACTURING CO.
- ICI CALDAIE
- INNOVATIVE STEAM TECHNOLOGIES
- JOHN THOMPSON
- ACTOM (PTY) LTD.
- JOHNSTON BOILER CO. (HINES CORP.)
- KAWASAKI THERMAL ENGINEERING
- MACCHI/ENERGY ALLIED INTERNATIONAL
- MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES
- MITSUBISHI POWER SYSTEMS AMERICAS INC.
- MIURA CO.
- MIURA NORTH AMERICA INC.
- NATIONWIDE BOILER
- NOOTER/ERIKSEN INC.
- OMNICAL (VIESSMANN INDUSTRIAL SERVICE GMBH)
- OPTIMUS ENGINEERED PRODUCTS
- CHANUTE MANUFACTURING CO.
- RAFAKO GRUPA
- RENTECH BOILER SYSTEMS INC.
- SELLERS MANUFACTURING CO. (TK CAPITAL LLC)
- SHANGHAI BOILER WORKS
- SHANGHAI ELECTRIC CO.
- SIEMENS ENERGY
- STANDARDKESSEL - BAUMGARTE HOLIDAY GMBH
- SUPERIOR BOILER WORKS INC.
- TEI-STRUTHERS WELLS (BABCOCK POWER)
- THERMAX LTD.
- TIANJIN BAOCHENG MACHINERY GROUP
- VALMET CORP.
- VICTORY ENERGY
- VOGT POWER INTERNATIONAL
- WARTSILA CORP.
- WUHAN BOILER CO.
- YORK-SHIPLEY GLOBAL
Chapter 13: Bibliography