Product Code: ENG001F
The global robotics market should reach $64.0 billion by 2023 from $38.1 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.9% for the period 2018-2023.
The industrial robotics market is expected to grow from $19.1 billion in 2018 to $27.3 billion in 2023 at a CAGR of 7.4% for the period 2018-2023.
The professional service robots market is expected to grow from $8.1 billion in 2018 to $19.3 billion in 2023 at a CAGR of 19.0% for the period 2018-2023.
Robotics: Technologies and Global Markets (ENG001F) provides both a review of recent key developments in robotics and a forecast that examines the industry from the perspective of robot makers and their traditional and prospective end-users.
Forecasts have been generated by region, by type of robot, by robot user, by robot-assigned task, and by type of robotic product and market region.
Five types of robots are discussed and forecast in this report: industrial robots, professional service robots, military robots, domestic service robots and security robots.
Seventeen types of robot-users are covered: aerospace manufacturing, agricultural, automotive manufacturing, building maintenance, chemical and fuel processing, construction, consumer products manufacturing, education and research, electrical and electronics manufacturing, food processing, government (defense), government (non-defense), healthcare, households, metals, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and textile and clothing manufacturing.
Nineteen robot-performed tasks are examined: assembly; assisted transport; building security; construction and demolition; couriers and guides; dispensing; entertainment; floor maintenance; exterior maintenance; hazardous materials disposal; inspection and sample collection; laboratory bench assistance; material handling; painting, coating and gluing; palletizing and packaging; part cutting and forming; surgery; surveillance; and welding and soldering.
Four robotic products groups are reviewed: whole robots, robot parts, robot software and robot safety materials.
- 84 data tables and 34 additional tables
- An overview of recent key developments in the global market for robotics technologies and a look ahead at the next five years
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017 to 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Coverage of market data by various segments such as robot types, end-uses, robot-performed task, types of product, application industries and geographical regions, including North America, APAC, EU and other emerging economies
- Study of impact analysis and discussion of technological, regulatory and economic trends that are affecting the robotics technologies' market
- Evaluation of the market's competitive dynamics, including critical success factors such as research-and-development capability, installed base, branding, and ecosystem influence and partnerships
- Company profiles of leading manufacturers and suppliers of robotics technologies, including ABB Group, Hitachi Ltd., Panasonic, Samsung, SICK Inc., Toyota Motor Corp. and Yamaha Robotics
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Scope of the Report
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Robots Excluded from This Study
- Information Sources and Methodology
- Intended Audience
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market Overview
- Major Trend in the Robotics Technologies Market
- Industry 4.0
- Five Countries Dominated the Overall Industrial Robots Market
- 3D Printing for Robotics
- Market Drivers
- Leverage of Artificial Intelligence/Software to Robotics
- Increasing Government Funding (Research) and Spending (Defense and Non-defense)
- Rising Demand for Collaborative Robots (Cobots)
- Increasing Trend Toward Automation Across Various End-User Applications
- Market Restraints
- Increase in Import Tariffs on Raw Materials Used in Manufacturing Robots
- High Investment/Installation Costs
- Market Opportunities
- Rise in Smart Transportation
- Rise in Geriatric Population across Developed Nations
- Rising Demand for Infrastructure
Chapter 4: Robotics Technologies by Type of Robot
- Industrial Robots
- Value-Added Driving Demand
- Global Industrial Robots Markets
- Professional Service Robots
- Global Professional Service Robots Markets
- Military Robots
- Defense Spending Sole Market Driver
- Global Military Robots Markets
- Domestic Service Robots
- Global Domestic Service Robots Markets
- Security Robots
- Property Crimes Drive Security Robot Demand
- Global Security Robots Markets
Chapter 5: Robotics Technologies by End-User Industry
- Aerospace Manufacturing
- Agricultural Industry
- Automotive Manufacturing
- Building Maintenance
- Chemical and Fuel Processing
- Consumer Products Manufacturing
- Education and Research
- Electrical and Electronics Manufacturing
- Food Processing
- Government Defense
- Metals Manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Textile and Clothing Manufacturing
Chapter 6: Robotics Technologies by Robot-Performed Task
- Assisted Care
- Building Security
- Construction and Demolition
- Couriers and Guides
- Floor Maintenance
- Exterior Maintenance
- Hazardous Materials Disposal
- Inspection and Sample Collection
- Laboratory Bench Assistance
- Material Handling
- Painting and Coating
- Palletizing and Packaging
- Part Cutting and Forming
- Welding and Soldering
Chapter 7: Robotics Technologies Market by Type of Robot
- Whole Robots
- Robot Parts
- Robot Software
- Robot Safety Materials
Chapter 8: Robotics Technologies
- Basic Technologies
- Control and Motion Control
- End-of-Arm Tools
- Missions, Tasks and Processes
- Power Management
- Sensing and Sensors
- Advanced Technologies
- Collaborative Robots
- Collision Avoidance
- Interaction-Human and Robot
- Interaction-Robot and Robot
- Knowledge Systems
- Sensor Fusion
- Swarms and Networks
Chapter 9: Robotics Technologies Market by Geography
- North America
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Chapter 10: Competitive Landscape
- Key Players in the Robotics Technologies Market
- Key Market Developments
Chapter 11: Company Profiles
- Commercial Participants
- ABB GROUP
- ALPHABET INC.
- AMAZON INC. (AMAZON ROBOTICS)
- BAE SYSTEMS PLC
- BARRETT TECHNOLOGY INC.
- BLACK-I ROBOTICS
- BLUEFIN ROBOTICS
- BOEING CO.
- BOSCH REXROTH (ROBERT BOSCH GMBH)
- BOSTON DYNAMICS
- CLEARPATH ROBOTICS INC.
- DENSO ROBOTICS
- ENERGID TECHNOLOGIES
- FANUC CORP.
- GENESIS SYSTEMS GROUP LLC
- HANSEN MEDICAL
- HARVEST AUTOMATION INC.
- HITACHI LTD.
- HONDA MOTOR CO., LTD.
- INTELLIBOT ROBOTICS
- INTUITIVE SURGICAL INC.
- IROBOT CORP.
- JOHN DEERE
- KAIROS AUTONOMI
- KAWASAKI HEAVY INDUSTRIES
- KUKA AG
- LOCKHEED MARTIN
- MAKO SURGICAL (STRYKER)
- MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC AUTOMATION INC.
- NACHI ROBOTIC SYSTEMS INC.
- OMRON ADEPT TECHNOLOGIES
- PAR SYSTEMS INC.
- RESTORATION ROBOTICS
- RETHINK ROBOTICS
- SCHIEBEL TECHNOLOGY INC.
- SHENYANG INSTITUTE OF AUTOMATION
- SIASUN ROBOT & AUTOMATION
- SICK INC.
- SOFTBANK ROBOTICS CORP.
- SOIL MACHINE DYNAMICS LTD.
- TOSHIBA MACHINE CO. AMERICA
- TOYOTA MOTOR CORP.
- VECNA TECHNOLOGIES
- VECTORNAV TECHNOLOGIES
- WOLF ROBOTICS
- YAMAHA ROBOTICS
- YASKAWA ELECTRIC CORP.
- ZAYTRAN INC.
- Non-commercial Participants
- BRITISH AUTOMATION AND ROBOTICS ASSOCIATION
- ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS RESEARCH INSTITUTE
- EUNITED ROBOTICS
- EUROBOTICS AISBL
- GUSTAVO STEFANINI ADVANCED ROBOTICS RESEARCH CENTER
- INSTITUTE OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS
- INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF ROBOTICS
- INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR STANDARDIZATION (ISO)
- JAPAN ROBOT ASSOCIATION
- NASA-ROBOTICS ALLIANCE PROJECT
- ROBOTICS INDUSTRIES ASSOCIATION
- ROBOTICS SOCIETY OF JAPAN
- Academic Organizations
- AUSTRALIAN CENTRE FOR FIELD ROBOTICS
- CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY ROBOTICS INSTITUTE
- MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Chapter 12: Patent Analysis
- Technologically Significant Robotic Patents