Product Code: FOD011K
The global market for food safety testing should grow from $16.3 billion in 2019 to reach $23.4 billion by 2024 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.5% for the period of 2019-2024.
Pathogens as a segment of food safety testing market should grow from $12.5 billion in 2019 to reach $18.0 billion by 2024 at a CAGR of 7.5% for the period of 2019-2024.
GMOs as a segment of food safety testing market should grow from $1.3 billion in 2019 to reach $1.9 billion by 2024 at a CAGR of 8.1% for the period of 2019-2024.
The scope of this report is comprehensive, covering the present status and future prospects for the markets for food safety testing in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and the rest of the world (ROW). The food safety testing market is analyzed globally based on the types of contaminants, namely pathogens, pesticides, GMOs, toxins, residues, and others, and also in terms of their testing processes.
The major food types tested in food safety testing are meat and poultry, dairy, grains, eggs, fish and seafood, beverages, and other food types. The market for testing every contaminant in food is covered in this report. The revenue forecasts from 2019 to 2024 are explained for each food testing method by technology, food and region.
The report also provides a detailed analysis of the major food safety testing product vendors, as well as company profiles. It also explains the major market drivers for the global food safety testing market, the current trends within the industry and major end-user industries for the food safety testing market.
Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
- Comprehensive study and an in-depth analysis of the global markets for food safety testing technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Coverage of market size for the various testing technologies, and information on how each test satisfies the needs of food processors and, in turn, consumers
- Assessment of the now sizable expenditures in government food safety testing and the market effect of government regulatory programs
- Identification of new technologies in the food-safety testing industry and analyses of patent activity
- Company profiles of the leading market players, including 3M Co., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Biotest AG, Perkin Elmer, Inc., and Strategic Diagnostics, Inc. (SDIX)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Intended Audience
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- Types of Contaminants
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)
- Other Contaminants
- Food Safety Testing
- Testing Technologies
- Foods Tested
- Tracking and Traceability
- Contract Labs
- Testing Sites
- Role of Government
- Level of Testing Still Lags behind the Problem
Chapter 4: Market Breakdown by Type of Contaminant and Testing Technology
- Global Food Safety Testing Market, by Contaminant
- Global Market for Testing Pathogens, by Type
- Global Market for Testing Toxin, by Type
- Global Market for Testing Residues, by Type
- Global Market for Testing Other Contaminants, by Type
- Global Food Safety Testing Market, by Technology
Chapter 5: Market Analysis by Region
- Global Food Safety Testing Market, by Region and Type of Contaminant
- Global Market for Pathogen Testing, by Region
- Global Market for GMO Testing, by Region
- Global Market for Toxin Testing, by Region
- Global Market for Residue Testing, by Region
- Global Market for Different Testing Technologies, by Region
- Rapid Assays
- Global Market for Chromatography, by Region
- Global Market for Chromogenic Media, by Region
- Global Market for Culture Media, by Region
- Global Market for Other Technologies, by Region
- Global Market for Raw Food Testing, by Region
- Global Market for Processed Food Testing, by Region
Chapter 6: Market Analysis by Food
- Global Food Safety Testing Market, by Food
- Food Types
- Raw vs. Processed Foods
- Global Market for Contaminant Testing, by Food
- Pathogen Testing
- GMO Testing
- Toxin Testing
- Residue Testing
- Other Contaminant Testing
- Global Market for Food Testing Technologies, by Food
- Rapid Assays
- Chromogenic Media
- Culture Media
- Other Technologies
Chapter 7: Market Drivers
- Growth of the Global Food and Beverage Market
- Increasing International Trade in Foodstuffs
- Trends in the Incidence of Foodborne Diseases
- Stringent Regulations to Ensure Food Safety
- Product Liability Claims
Chapter 8: Patent Review
Chapter 9: Company Profiles
- 3M CO.
- ALS LTD.
- ASURE QUALITY LTD.
- BIOCONTROL SYSTEMS, INC.
- BIOMEDICA GRUPPE OSTERREICH
- BIOMERIEUX S.A.
- BIO-RAD LABORATORIES, INC.
- BIOTEST AG
- CHARM SCIENCES, INC.
- COVANCE, INC.
- ELISA TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- EMSL ANALYTICAL, INC.
- ENVIROLOGIX, INC.
- ERIEZ MAGNETICS, INC.
- EUROFINS SCIENTIFIC, INC.
- FOOD CHEK SYSTEMS, INC.
- FOOD HYGIENE AND HEALTH LABORATORY
- GENETIC ID NA, INC.
- GLOBAL FOOD SAFETY INITIATIVE
- HARDY DIAGNOSTICS
- IEH LABORATORIES & CONSULTING GROUP
- INTERTEK GROUP PLC
- LABORATORY CORP. OF AMERICA HOLDINGS
- MERIEUX NUTRISCIENCES CORP.
- MICREOS FOOD SAFETY
- MICRO IDENTIFICATION TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- MICROBAC LABORATORIES, INC.
- NESTLE USA, INC.
- OCEANIT LABORATORIES, INC.
- PERKIN ELMER, INC.
- PROMEGA CORP.
- RANDOX LABORATORIES LTD.
- R-BIOPHARM AG
- RESEARCH INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- SGS SA
- STRATEGIC DIAGNOSTICS INC. (SDIX)
- TAKARA BIO USA, INC.
- TUV SUD AG