Product Code: IFT118B
The global market for the Internet of Things (IoT) technologies is estimated to grow from $370.5 billion in 2021 to reach $1.3 trillion by 2026, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27.6% during the forecast period of 2021-2026.
The global market for IoT in smart wearables, smart cities, smart home, and building automation applications is estimated to grow from $137.1 billion in 2021 to reach $438.2 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 26.2% during the forecast period of 2021-2026.
The global market for IoT in retail industry application is estimated to grow from $19.9 billion in 2021 to reach $75.5 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 30.6% during the forecast period of 2021-2026.
This report provides an overview of the global market for IoT and analyzes market trends. Using 2020 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period, 2021-2026. Revenue forecasts for this period are segmented based on component, application and geography.
The report also focuses on the major driving trends and challenges that affect the market and the vendor landscape. This report explains the competitive landscape and current trends in the IoT market, concluding with an analysis of the IoT vendor landscape and including detailed profiles of major players in the global IoT market.
- 25 data tables and 66 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for Internet of Things (IoT) technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2020, estimates for 2021, 2022, 2024, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Estimation of the market size for IoT technologies, and corresponding market share analysis based on component, application, and region
- Coverage of government regulations impacting the IoT platforms market and information on HIPAA and HITECH laws in the U.S.
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market
- Highlights of market potential for IoT technologies, emerging applications, technological advancements and strategic innovations within the industry
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, and other key market strategies
- Comprehensive company profiles of the leading market players, including Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Intel Corp., Broadcom Inc., Qualcomm and TE Connectivity Ltd.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Intended Audience
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- What's New in This Update?
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Technology Overview
- Evolution of IoT
- Market Drivers
- Growing Adoption of Advanced Technologies
- Increasing Demand for Devices
- Massive Infrastructural Development
- Advanced, Precise Results and Real-time Monitoring
- Market Restraints
- Growing Vulnerability: Security
- Lack of Uniform Communication Standards
- Government Regulations
- The EU's GDPR Directive
- HIPAA and HITECH Laws in the U.S.
- Impact of COVID-19
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Component
- Smart Connector
- Embedded System
- Networking Technologies
- Device Management Platform
- Application Enablement Platform
- Network Connectivity Management Platform
- Device Drivers
- Operating System
- Real-time Streaming Analytics
- Security Solutions
- Data Management
- Remote Monitoring Systems
- Network Bandwidth Management
- Professional and Consulting Services
- Deployment and Integration
- Support and Maintenance
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Application
- Smart Wearables, Smart Home, Smart Cities and Building Automation
- Smart Wearables
- Smart Homes
- Smart Cities
- Building Automation
- Automotive and Transportation
- IoT Applications in Retail
- IoT Applications in Healthcare
- IoT Applications in Agriculture
- Energy and Utilities
- IoT Applications in Energy and Utilities
- New Developments in the Energy and Utilities IoT Market
- Aerospace and Defense
- Others (BFSI, Education and Construction)
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Region
- United States
- South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Middle East and Africa
- Middle East
Chapter 7 Company Profiles
- Hardware Providers
- BROADCOM, INC.
- INFINEON TECHNOLOGIES AG
- INTEL CORP.
- MEDIATEK, INC.
- NXP SEMICONDUCTORS N.V.
- ON SEMICONDUCTOR CORP.
- QUALCOMM, INC.
- STMICROELECTRONICS N.V.
- TEXAS INSTRUMENTS, INC.
- TE CONNECTIVITY LTD.
- Platform, Software and Service Providers
- ALPHABET INC. (GOOGLE)
- AMAZON.COM, INC.
- BOSCH SOFTWARE INNOVATIONS GMBH (BOSCH.IO)
- CISCO SYSTEMS, INC.
- HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD.
- INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP.
- MICROSOFT CORP.
- ORACLE CORP.
- PTC INC.
- SAP SE
Chapter 8 Appendix: List of Acronyms