Product Code: LI 172742
Hemodialysis catheter is a soft and flexible tube manufactured from a bio-compatible material such as silicone or polyurethane. It contains two types of lumens (flexible tubular passage) for exchange of blood, which are colored in red and blue for clear identification during dialysis process. The red colored lumen (atrial lumen) draws blood from patient and transfers it to the dialysis machine for filtration, the blue colored lumen (venous lumen) returns the blood to patient after filtration from dialysis machine. The global hemodialysis catheters market was valued at $663 million in 2016, and is estimated to reach at $926 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 4.8% from 2017 to 2023.
Increase in number of patients suffering from end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and surge in prevalence of chronic kidney disorders (CKD) drive the growth of the hemodialysis catheter market. In addition, technological advancements in dialysis equipment and catheter technology are expected to fuel the market growth. However, limitations in medical reimbursement for dialysis procedures and low awareness about kidney-related disorders in underdeveloped countries hinder the market growth.
The hemodialysis catheters market is segmented based on product, tip configuration, material, end user, and geography. On the basis of product, the market is segmented into cuffed tunneled catheters, non-cuffed tunneled catheters and non-tunneled catheters. By material, the market is categorized into silicone, polyurethane. Depending on tip configuration, it is classified into step-tip catheters, split-tip catheters, and symmetric catheters. According to end user, it is fragmented into hospitals, clinics/dialysis centers and home dialysis. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global hemodialysis catheters market and the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Quantitative analysis of the market from 2016 to 2023 is provided to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market based on end user assists to understand the trends in the industry.
- Key market players and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
KEY PLAYERS PROFILED IN THE REPORT
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA
- Nikkiso Co. Ltd.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Nipro Medical Corporation
- Toray Medical Co. Ltd.
- Baxter International Inc.
- Asahi Kasei Medical Co. Ltd.
- NxStage Medical Inc.
- Outset Medical, Inc.
- Allmed Medical Corporation
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Cuffed tunneled
- Non-cuffed tunneled
By Tip Configuration
- Step-tip catheters
- Split-tip catheters
- Symmetric catheters
- End User
- Clinics/dialysis centers
- Home dialysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- The other players in the value chain include (profiles not included in the report)
- AngioDynamics Inc.
- C. R Bard
- Medical Components Inc.
- Medtronic PLC.
- Cook Medical
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1. REPORT DESCRIPTION
- 1.2. KEY BENEFITS
- 1.3. KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- 1.4. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 1.4.1. Secondary research
- 1.4.2. Primary research
- 1.4.3. Analyst tools & models
CHAPTER 2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
CHAPTER 3 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 3.1. MARKET DEFINITION AND SCOPE
- 3.2. KEY FINDINGS
- 3.2.1. Top investment pockets, 2016
- 3.2.2. Top winning strategies, 2014-2016
- 3.3. TOP PLAYER POSITIONING, 2016
- 3.4. PATENTS ANALYSIS
- 3.4.1. Patent analysis by year
- 3.4.2. Patent analysis by region
- 3.5. PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- 3.6. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 3.6.1. Drivers
- 3.6.2. Restraints
- 3.6.3. Opportunities
CHAPTER 4 GLOBAL HEMODIALYSIS CATHETERS MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 4.1. OVERVIEW
- 4.1.1. Market size & forecast
- 4.2. CUFFED TUNNELED CATHETER
- 4.2.1. Key market trends
- 4.2.2. Growth factors and opportunities
- 4.2.3. Market size & forecast
- 4.3. NON-CUFFED TUNNELED CATHETERS
- 4.3.1. Market size and forecast
- 4.4. NON-TUNNELED CATHETERS
- 4.4.1. Key market trends
- 4.4.2. Growth factors and opportunities
- 4.4.3. Market size & forecast
CHAPTER 5 GLOBAL HEMODIALYSIS CATHETERS MARKET, BY TIP CONFIGURATION
- 5.1. OVERVIEW
- 5.1.1. Market size & forecast
- 5.2. STEP-TIP CATHETERS
- 5.2.1. Market size & forecast
- 5.3. SPLIT-TIP CATHETERS
- 5.3.1. Market size & forecast
- 5.4. SYMMETRIC CATHETERS
- 5.4.1. Market size & forecast
CHAPTER 6 GLOBAL HEMODIALYSIS CATHETERS MARKET, BY MATERIAL
- 6.1. OVERVIEW
- 6.1.1. Market size & forecast
- 6.2. SILICONE
- 6.2.1. Market size & forecast
- 6.3. POLYURETHANE
- 6.3.1. Market size & forecast
CHAPTER 7 GLOBAL HEMODIALYSIS CATHETERS MARKET, BY END USER
- 7.1. OVERVIEW
- 7.1.1. Market size & forecast
- 7.2. HOSPITALS
- 7.2.1. Market size & forecast
- 7.3. CLINICS/ DIALYSIS CENTERS
- 7.3.1. Market size & forecast
- 7.4. HOME DIALYSIS
- 7.4.1. Market size & forecast
CHAPTER 8 GLOBAL HEMODIALYSIS CATHETERS MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
- 8.1. OVERVIEW
- 8.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 8.2.1. Key market trends
- 8.2.2. Key growth factors and opportunities
- 8.2.3. Market size & forecast
- 18.104.22.168. U.S. market size and forecast
- 22.214.171.124. Canada market size and forecast
- 126.96.36.199. Mexico market size and forecast
- 8.3. EUROPE
- 8.3.1. Key market trends
- 8.3.2. Key growth factors and opportunities
- 8.3.3. Market size & forecast
- 188.8.131.52. Germany market size and forecast
- 184.108.40.206. France market size and forecast
- 220.127.116.11. UK market size and forecast
- 18.104.22.168. Italy market size and forecast
- 22.214.171.124. Spain market size and forecast
- 126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe market size and forecast
- 8.4. ASIA-PACIFIC
- 8.4.1. Key market trends
- 8.4.2. Key growth factors and opportunities
- 8.4.3. Market size & forecast
- 188.8.131.52. Japan market size and forecast
- 184.108.40.206. China market size and forecast
- 220.127.116.11. Australia market size and forecast
- 18.104.22.168. India market size and forecast
- 22.214.171.124. South Korea market size and forecast
- 126.96.36.199. Rest of Asia-Pacific market size and forecast
- 8.5. LAMEA
- 8.5.1. Key market trends
- 8.5.2. Key growth factors and opportunities
- 8.5.3. Market size & forecast
- 188.8.131.52. Brazil market size and forecast
- 184.108.40.206. Saudi Arabia market size and forecast
- 220.127.116.11. South Africa market size and forecast
- 18.104.22.168. Rest of LAMEA market size and forecast
CHAPTER 9 COMPANY PROFILES
- 9.1. FRESENIUS SE & CO. KGAA
- 9.2. NIKKISO CO. LTD.
- 9.3. B. BRAUN MELSUNGEN AG
- 9.4. NIPRO MEDICAL CORPORATION
- 9.5. TORAY MEDICAL CO., LTD.
- 9.6. BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC.
- 9.7. ASAHI KASEI MEDICAL CO., LTD.
- 9.8. NXSTAGE MEDICAL, INC.
- 9.9. OUTSET MEDICAL, INC
- 9.10. ALLMED MEDICAL CORP