Product Code: CO_17815
Air Freshener Market by Product Type (Sprays/Aerosols, Electric Air Fresheners, Gels Air Fresheners, Candles Air Fresheners, and Other Air Fresheners), Application (Households, Corporate, Car, and Others), and Type of Customers (Individual Customers and Enterprise Customers): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2018 - 2025.
An air freshener is designed to eliminate unpleasant odor with the emission of fragrance. Air fresheners contain different ingredients, such as aerosol propellants; fragrances; and solvents, such as 2-butoxyethanol, mineral oil and glycol ethers, that neutralize the unpleasant odor. Growth in importance of air care and increase in concerns over indoor air quality have led to high demand for air fresheners worldwide. The global air freshener market was valued at $10 billion in 2016, and is expected to reach $12 billion in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 3.2% from 2017 to 2023.
The consumers' willingness to use premium air freshener, increase in need for aromatherapy, high focus on healthcare improvement, rise in ownership of cars and pets, and improvement in life style of consumers drive the market growth. However, high operating cost of different types of products in the market impedes this growth. Increase in preference for natural fragrance and definitive luxury commodity offer several opportunities to the players operating in the market.
The global air freshener market is segmented on the basis of product, application, type of customer, and geography. The product segment covers sprays/aerosols, electric air fresheners, gels, candles, and others. Based on application, the market is divided into residential, corporate offices, cars, and others. On the basis of type of customer, it is bifurcated into individual and enterprise customers. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the market include Procter & Gamble Co., Reckitt Benckiser Inc., Henkel KGaA, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Car-Freshener Corporation, SC Johnson & Son Inc., Kobayashi Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Godrej Household Products Ltd., Farcent Enterprise Co. Ltd., and Jarden Corporation.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global air freshener market to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with a detailed impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the market from 2016 to 2023 is provided to highlight the financial competency of the market.
- Porter's five forces model analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers participating in the market.
- Value chain analysis provides a clear understanding on the roles of stakeholders involved.
- MARKET SEGMENTATION
- Electric Air Fresheners (Plug-in)
- Others (Liquid, Solid, Pot Pourri, Papers, Vents, Clips, and Crystal Beads)
- Corporate Offices
- Others (Hotels, Malls, Hospitals, Railways, Public Bathrooms, Theaters, and Government Buildings & Institutions)
By Type of Customer
- North America
- Key Companies
- Procter & Gamble Co.
- Reckitt Benckiser Inc.
- Henkel KGaA
- Church & Dwight Co. Inc.
- Car-Freshener Corporation
- SC Johnson & Son Inc.
- Kobayashi Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Godrej Household Products Ltd.
- Farcent Enterprise Co. Ltd.
- Jarden Corporation
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Report description
- 1.2 Key benefits
- 1.3 Key market segments
- 1.4 Research methodology
- 1.4.1 Secondary research
- 1.4.2 Primary research
- 1.4.3 Analyst tools and models
CHAPTER 2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
CHAPTER 3 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 3.1 Market definition and scope
- 3.2 Key Findings
- 3.2.1 Top impacting factors
- 3.2.2 Top winning strategies
- 3.2.3 Top investment pockets
- 3.3 Porters five force analysis
- 3.3.1 Low product differentiation lowers the bargaining of suppliers
- 3.3.2 Low switching cost and undifferentiated products lead to higher bargaining power of buyers
- 3.3.3 Slow industry growth leads to high industrial rivalry
- 3.3.4 Lack of feasible substitutes result into low threat of substitutes
- 3.3.5 Low threats of new entrants due to the presence of strong brands
- 3.4 Value chain analysis
- 3.5 Market share analysis, 2014
- 3.6 Market dynamics
- 3.6.1 Drivers
- 3.6.2 Restraints
- 3.6.3 Opportunities
CHAPTER 4 WORLD AIR FRESHENER MARKET, BY PRODUCT TYPE
- 4.1 Sprays/Aerosols
- 4.1.1 Key market trends
- 4.1.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 4.1.3 Competitive scenario
- 4.1.4 Market size and forecast
- 4.2 Electric air fresheners (Plug in)
- 4.2.1 Key market trends
- 4.2.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 4.2.3 Competitive scenario
- 4.2.4 Market size and forecast
- 4.3 Gels air freshener
- 4.3.1 Key market trends
- 4.3.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 4.3.3 Competitive scenario
- 4.3.4 Market size and forecast
- 4.4 Candles air fresheners
- 4.4.1 Key market trends
- 4.4.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 4.4.3 Competitive scenario
- 4.4.4 Market size and forecast
- 4.5 Other fresheners
- 4.5.1 Key market trends
- 4.5.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 4.5.3 Competitive scenario
- 4.5.4 Market size and forecast
CHAPTER 5 WORLD AIR FRESHENER MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- 5.1 Residential
- 5.1.1 Key market trends
- 5.1.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 5.1.3 Competitive scenario
- 5.1.4 Market size and forecast
- 5.2 Corporate offices
- 5.2.1 Key market trends
- 5.2.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 5.2.3 Competitive scenario
- 5.2.4 Market size and forecast
- 5.3 Cars
- 5.3.1 Key market trends
- 5.3.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 5.3.3 Competitive scenario
- 5.3.4 Market size and forecast
- 5.4 Others
- 5.4.1 Key market trends
- 5.4.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 5.4.3 Competitive scenario
- 5.4.4 Market size and forecast
CHAPTER 6 WORLD AIR FRESHENER MARKET, BY SALES CHANNEL
- 6.1 Retail
- 6.1.1 Key market trends
- 6.1.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 6.1.3 Competitive scenario
- 6.1.4 Market size and forecast
- 6.2 Business to business
- 6.2.1 Key market trends
- 6.2.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 6.2.3 Competitive scenario
- 6.2.4 Market size and forecast
CHAPTER 7 WORLD AIR FRESHENER MARKET, BY REGION
- 7.1 North America
- 7.1.1 Key market trends
- 7.1.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 7.1.3 Competitive scenario
- 7.1.4 Market size and forecast
- 7.2 Europe
- 7.2.1 Key market trends
- 7.2.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 7.2.3 Competitive scenario
- 7.2.4 Market size and forecast
- 7.3 Asia-Pacific
- 7.3.1 Key market trends
- 7.3.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 7.3.3 Competitive scenario
- 7.3.4 Market size and forecast
- 7.4 LAMEA
- 7.4.1 Key market trends
- 7.4.2 Key drivers and opportunities
- 7.4.3 Competitive scenario
- 7.4.4 Market size and forecast
CHAPTER 8 COMPANY PROFILE
- 8.1 The Procter & Gamble Company
- 8.1.1 Company overview
- 8.1.2 Business performance
- 8.1.3 Strategy move and development
- 8.1.4 SWOT Analysis of The Procter & Gamble Company
- 8.2 Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
- 8.2.1 Company overview
- 8.2.2 Business performance
- 8.2.3 Strategy move and development
- 8.2.4 SWOT Analysis of Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc
- 8.3 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- 8.3.1 Company overview
- 8.3.2 Business performance
- 8.3.3 Strategy move and development
- 8.3.4 SWOT Analysis of Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- 8.4 Church & Dwight Co. Inc.
- 8.4.1 Company overview
- 8.4.2 Business performance
- 8.4.3 Strategy move and development
- 8.4.4 SWOT Analysis of Church & Dwight Co. Inc.
- 8.5 Car-Freshener Corporation
- 8.5.1 Company overview
- 8.5.2 Strategy move and development
- 8.5.3 SWOT Analysis of Car-Freshener Corporation
- 8.6 SC Johnson & Son Inc.
- 8.6.1 Company overview
- 8.6.2 Strategy move and development
- 8.6.3 SWOT Analysis of SC Johnson & Son Inc.
- 8.7 Kobayashi Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- 8.7.1 Company overview
- 8.7.2 Business performance
- 8.7.3 Strategy move and development
- 8.7.4 SWOT Analysis of Kobayashi Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd
- 8.8 Godrej Consumer Products Ltd.
- 8.8.1 Company overview
- 8.8.2 Business performance
- 8.8.3 Strategy move and development
- 8.8.4 SWOT Analysis of Godrej Consumer Products Limited
- 8.9 Farcent Enterprise Co. Ltd
- 8.9.1 Company overview
- 8.9.2 Strategy move and development
- 8.9.3 SWOT Analysis of Farcent Enterprise Co. Ltd
- 8.10 Jarden Corporation
- 8.10.1 Company overview
- 8.10.2 Business performance
- 8.10.3 Strategy move and development
- 8.10.4 SWOT Analysis of Jarden Corporation