Product Code: CM_2111466 / A11101
The North America waste management market is expected to reach $229.3 billion by 2027, from $208.0 billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 5.3% from 2020 to 2027. Waste management is the collection, disposal, and transportation of sewage, waste, and other materials. It consists of collecting and sorting solid waste and disposing of unwanted products and substances in a safe and sustainable manner.
Waste management consists of treating all types of waste such as solid, liquid, or gaseous. Waste management deals with industrial, hazardous, and municipal waste. Municipal waste is the waste collected from the residential sector in towns and cities. Industrial waste is the waste collected from industrial production and manufacturing processes. Hazardous waste is collected from sectors such as medicals, pharmaceuticals, paint manufacturing, and chemical industries. Further, collection and disposal of waste are some of the activities in waste management practices. Waste collection services refer to the gathering, transport, collection, storage, sorting, and handling of waste. Whereas, disposable services consist of activities such as separation of waste into recycling, landfills, and composting of waste.
Huge amount of waste is generated in the region, which fuels the growth of the North America waste management market. In addition, the development of North America waste management industry is primarily driven by growth in population in the region. In addition, stringent government regulations in the U.S. and Canada led to an increase in the collection and disposal of waste. Further, due to open burning, and illegal dumping of waste affects the health of humans as well as animals, which has forced governments to create strict laws on illegal dumping of waste on land and in oceans.
However, inadequate waste disposal, and labor intensive and high cost of transportation, is anticipated to restrain the North America waste management market. Conversely, implementation of advanced waste management practices is expected to grow during the forecast period.
The North America waste management market is segmented based on service, type, and country. Based on type, the market is classified into industrial waste, hazardous waste, and municipal waste. Based on services, the market is bifurcated into disposable services, and collection services. The collection services segment is sub-segmented into storage & handling, sorting, and collection & transportation. Disposable services segment is further sub-segmented into recycling, landfills, composting and anaerobic digestion, and others.
Country wise, the North America waste management market analysis is conducted across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. In 2019, U.S. was the highest contributor to the North America waste management market, and is anticipated to secure a leading position during the forecast period.
The major players, such as Biffa Plc, Covanta Holding Corporation, Bigbelly Inc, Remondis Se & Co. Kg, Veolia Environnement, Hitachi Zosen Corporation, Republic Services, Inc., Clean Harbors, Inc., Suez, Waste Management Inc.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging North America waste management market trends and dynamics.
- In-depth market analysis is conducted by North America waste management market estimations for the key market segments between 2019 and 2027.
- Extensive analysis of North America waste management market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring of the top competitors within the market framework.
- A comprehensive analysis of all the regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- The North America waste management market forecast analysis from 2020 to 2027 is included in the report.
- The key market players within the North America waste management market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help understand the competitive outlook of the North America waste management market.
- NORTH AMERICA WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET SEGMENTS
- Municipal Waste
- Industrial Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Collection Services
- Collection and Transportation
- Storage and Handling
- Disposable Services
- Composting and anaerobic digestion
- Biffa Plc
- Clean Harbors, Inc.
- Covanta Holding Corporation
- Bigbelly Inc
- Hitachi Zosen Corporation
- Remondis Se & Co. Kg
- Republic Services, Inc.
- Veolia Environnement
- Waste Management Inc.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1.Report description
- 1.2.Key benefits for stakeholders
- 1.3.Key market segments
- 1.4.Key market players
- 1.5.Research methodology
- 1.5.1.Primary research
- 1.5.2.Secondary research
- 1.5.3.Analyst tools and models
CHAPTER 2:EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
CHAPTER 3:MARKET OVERVIEW
- 3.1.Market definition and scope
- 3.2.Key findings
- 3.2.1.Top investment pockets
- 3.3.Porter's five forces analysis
- 3.4.Market dynamics
- 18.104.22.168.Increase in amount of waste
- 22.214.171.124.Stringent government regulations
- 126.96.36.199.Government regulations toward illegal dumping
- 188.8.131.52.Labor intensive and high costs of transportation
- 184.108.40.206.Inadequate waste disposal
- 220.127.116.11.Implementation of advanced waste management practices
- 3.5.COVID-19 Impact Analysis
CHAPTER 4:NORTH AMERICA WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET, BY TYPE
- 4.1.Market overview
- 4.1.1.Market size and forecast, by type
- 4.2.Municipal waste
- 4.2.1.Key market trends, growth factors, and opportunities
- 4.2.2.Market size and forecast
- 4.2.3.Market size and forecast, by country
- 4.3.Industrial waste
- 4.3.1.Key market trends, growth factors, and opportunities
- 4.3.2.Market size and forecast
- 4.3.3.Market size and forecast, by country
- 4.4.Hazardous waste
- 4.4.1.Key market trends, growth factors, and opportunities
- 4.4.2.Market size and forecast
- 4.4.3.Market size and forecast, by country
CHAPTER 5:NORTH AMERICA WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET, BY SERVICE
- 5.1.Market overview
- 5.1.1.Market size and forecast, by service
- 5.2.1.Key market trends, growth factors, and opportunities
- 5.2.2.Market size and forecast, by type
- 18.104.22.168.Collection & transportation
- 22.214.171.124.Storage & handling
- 5.2.3.Market size and forecast, by country
- 5.3.1.Key market trends, growth factors, and opportunities
- 5.3.2.Market size and forecast, by type
- 126.96.36.199.Composting & anaerobic digestion
- 5.3.3.Market size and forecast, by country
CHAPTER 6:NORTH AMERICA WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET,
- 6.1.1.Market size and forecast, by country
- 6.1.2.Market volume and forecast, by country
- 188.8.131.52.U.S. market size and forecast, by type
- 184.108.40.206.U.S. market size and forecast, by service
- 220.127.116.11.Canada market size and forecast, by type
- 18.104.22.168.Canada market size and forecast, by service
- 22.214.171.124.Mexico market size and forecast, by type
- 126.96.36.199.Mexico market size and forecast, by service
CHAPTER 7:COMPANY PROFILES
- 7.1.BIFFA PLC
- 7.1.1.Company overview
- 7.1.2.Key Executives
- 7.1.3.Company snapshot
- 7.1.4.Operating business segments
- 7.1.5.Service portfolio
- 7.1.6.Business performance
- 7.1.7.Key strategic moves and developments
- 7.2.CLEAN HARBORS, INC.
- 7.2.1.Company overview
- 7.2.2.Key Executives
- 7.2.3.Company snapshot
- 7.2.4.Operating business segments
- 7.2.5.Service portfolio
- 7.2.6.Business performance
- 7.2.7.Key strategic moves and developments
- 7.3.COVANTA HOLDING CORPORATION
- 7.3.1.Company overview
- 7.3.2.Key Executives
- 7.3.3.Company snapshot
- 7.3.4.Operating business categories
- 7.3.5.Service portfolio
- 7.3.6.Business performance
- 7.3.7.Key strategic moves and developments
- 7.4.BIGBELLY, INC.
- 7.4.1.Company overview
- 7.4.2.Key executive
- 7.4.3.Company snapshot
- 7.4.4.Service portfolio
- 7.4.5.Key strategic moves and developments
- 7.5.HITACHI ZOSEN CORPORATION
- 7.5.1.Company overview
- 7.5.2.Key Executives
- 7.5.3.Company snapshot
- 7.5.4.Operating business segments
- 7.5.5.Service portfolio
- 7.5.6.R&D Expenditure
- 7.5.7.Business performance
- 7.5.8.Key strategic moves and developments
- 7.6.REMONDIS SE & CO. KG
- 7.6.1.Company overview
- 7.6.2.Key Executives
- 7.6.3.Company snapshot
- 7.6.4.Operating business segments
- 7.6.5.Service portfolio
- 7.7.REPUBLIC SERVICES, INC.
- 7.7.1.Company overview
- 7.7.2.Key Executives
- 7.7.3.Company snapshot
- 7.7.4.Operating business segments
- 7.7.5.Service portfolio
- 7.7.6.Business performance
- 7.7.7.Key strategic moves and developments
- 7.8.SUEZ ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
- 7.8.1.Company overview
- 7.8.2.Key Executives
- 7.8.3.Company snapshot
- 7.8.4.Operating business segments
- 7.8.5.Service portfolio
- 7.8.6.R&D Expenditure
- 7.8.7.Business performance
- 7.8.8.Key strategic moves and developments
- 7.9.VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A.
- 7.9.1.Company overview
- 7.9.2.Key Executives
- 7.9.3.Company snapshot
- 7.9.4.Operating business segments
- 7.9.5.Service portfolio
- 7.9.6.R&D Expenditure
- 7.9.7.Business performance
- 7.9.8.Key strategic moves and developments
- 7.10.WASTE MANAGEMENT INC.
- 7.10.1.Company overview
- 7.10.2.Key Executives
- 7.10.3.Company snapshot
- 7.10.4.Operating business segments
- 7.10.5.Service portfolio
- 7.10.6.Business performance
- 7.10.7.Key strategic moves and developments