AMA Research are pleased to announce the publication of the 1st edition of the brand title ‘Electrical Products Distribution Market Report - Focus on Internet - UK 2014-2018 Analysis', which provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overall review of the distribution market for electrical products in 2014, with a particular focus on online sales.
This unique report answers the need for both a quantitative and qualitative analysis of the electrical products supply chain and the online presence of the industry and represents an invaluable guide to the overall market for sales and marketing professionals involved in the electrical industry. Focusing on market size and trends, product mix, supply, distribution and future prospects, the report is comprehensive, informative and will facilitate operational and strategic decision-making processes.
Distribution channels reviewed include:
- Electrical wholesalers, specialist e-tailers, catalogue/electronic, component distributors, merchants, DIY retailers.
Key issues include:
- Analysis of e-commerce and internet access within the UK electrical products industry.
- Distribution channel mix.
- Overall electrical products market analysis.
- Product sector analysis.
|Cable Systems|| Lighting|| Wiring Accessories
|Tools and Test Equipment|| Automation and Control Products|| Circuit Protection Equipment
|Security and Fire Systems|| Built-In Domestic Appliances|| Ventilation & Air Conditioning
|Electric Heating and Water Heating|| Renewable Energy Products|| Data Networking
NB: This report does not cover the following; consumer or office electrical/electronic equipment (TV's, computers, photocopiers etc.), small and free standing electrical appliances and products used within automotive or utilities applications or within the oil, gas or petrochemical industries.
The overall market for electrical products has been difficult since the recession, though appears to have turned the corner and forecasts are now much more positive for the industry. The Internet distribution sector has seen consistent growth throughout the period shown, as internet usage has increased and internet offerings from the companies supplying electrical products have improved, however, growth levels have been relatively modest.
The predominant distribution channel for electrical products remains electrical wholesalers and this market is dominated by a few large multinational organisations, and as yet not all offer multi-channel trading. The same characteristic is apparent within other distribution channels. The Internet sector is forecast to continue to outperform overall electrical products in the period to 2018. There will be increasing opportunities to purchase online as more of the larger suppliers develop their web and mobile sites, though the rate of growth will depend on the attitudes and opinions of electrical contractors and their propensity to use the new media.
Areas of particular interest:
- Changing Distribution shares.
- Growth of the mail order/internet sector.
- Analysis of individual distribution channels.
- Preferences and buying patterns among contractors and installers.
- Analysis of individual product sectors.
Key areas covered in the report include:
SUPPLY CHAIN AND CHANNEL SHARE
- Share by value of the major distribution channels within the electrical products market in 2013, and review of recent and projected changes to distribution market share.
- Analysis of each of the major distribution channels in terms of value, market trends, strengths and weaknesses. Also reviewed are company profiles for leading companies within each sector and sub-sector. The sectors covered are:
- Electrical wholesalers - market performance, key characteristics etc.
- Trade catalogue/internet based distributors - electronic component distributors, industrial products distributors and other mail order operations selling electrical products to the trade.
- Direct distribution, super distributors and pre-packers.
- Retail sector - DIY multiples, electrical/electronic product retailers, general grocery retailers and department stores and specialist retailers.
- Builders, Plumbers and HV Merchants and Others
- Analysis of each of the major distribution channels in terms of online presence and offering.
UK MARKET FOR ONLINE SALES OF ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS
- Total market for electrical products distributed via the internet - analysis of size by value, historical trends and market characteristics.
- Forecasts to 2018 of the growth of internet based distribution in the electrical industry.
- Key characteristics of the internet and mobile ordering sector, with some contractor views and opinions on internet usage, also barriers to growth of this distribution channel etc.
- Review of key market influences - including general trends in e-commerce and mobile access, trends in research and social networking, digital shopping, expansion of click & collect and other online buying trends.
ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS MARKET
- Overall electrical products market size 2008-2014 and forecast through to 2018.
- Total product mix 2014 by value, with product sectors including: Lighting, Electrical Accessories, Security & Fire, Electric heating, ventilation, renewables, tools & equipment, data networking equipment, domestic appliances etc.
- Market size and key trends and influences impacting on the individual market sectors, with observations and comment on the trends and outlook in each of the key sectors.
- Product breakdowns within individual product sectors, distribution mix within individual product sectors.
- Top electrical contractors in the UK - profiles of leading contractors.
- Procurement practices among electrical contractors.
UK market for Online Electrical Products 2008-2018
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. SUMMARY & FUTURE PROSPECTS
- 2.1. SUMMARY
- 2.2. FUTURE PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. UK DISTRIBUTION OF ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS
- 4.1. MARKET DEFINITION
- 4.2. OVERALL ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS MARKET
- 4.3. MARKET STRUCTURE
- 4.3.1. Overall Supply Chain
- 4.3.2. Electrical Wholesalers
- 4.3.3. Electronic Component Distributors
- 4.3.4. Merchants
- 4.3.5. DIY Retailers
- 4.3.6. Other Retail Distribution Channels
- 4.3.7. Specialist Distributors and Direct Supply
- 4.3.8. OEMs, Panel Builders & System Integrators
5. FOCUS ON ONLINE DISTRIBUTION OF ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS
- 5.1. DEFINITION - ONLINE DISTRIBUTION OF ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS
- 5.2. MARKET FOR ONLINE DISTRIBUTION OF ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS - SIZE & TRENDS
- 5.2.1. Market Size and Trends
- 5.2.2. E-Tailers
- 5.3. MARKET INFLUENCES
- 5.3.1. E-Commerce
- 5.3.2. Mobile Internet Access
- 5.3.3. Online Research
- 5.3.4. Social Networking/Reviews/Blogs
- 5.3.5. Digital Advertising
- 5.3.6. Other Online Shopping Trends
6. ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS
- 6.1. PRODUCT MIX
- 6.2. LIGHTING
- 6.3. ELECTRICAL ACCESSORIES
- 6.4. SECURITY SYSTEMS & FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEMS
- 6.5. ELECTRIC HEATING PRODUCTS
- 6.6. VENTILATION
- 6.7. OTHER PRODUCTS
7. CONTRACTOR REVIEW
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK MARKET FOR ONLINE ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS 2008-2018 (£M DSP)
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2011-2014 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 1994-2018
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 1995-2018
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2008-2014 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- TABLE 6: ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS MARKET (£M DSP) 2008-2018
- CHART 7: DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE FOR ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS
- CHART 8: DISTRIBUTION OF ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS 2013 BY VALUE (DSP)
- CHART 9: ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE % MIX - NATIONALS VERSUS LOCALS & REGIONALS - BY VALUE 2008-2014
- CHART 10: ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET SHARES 2014 BY VALUE % (REXEL, EDMUNDSON, CEF ETC).
- CHART 11: MERCHANTS' MARKET SHARES 2013
- CHART 12: DISTRIBUTION OF LIGHTING & ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS 2013 BY MULTIPLE - BY VALUE (%)
- TABLE 13: MARKET FOR ONLINE DISTRIBUTION OF ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS 2008-2018 (£M DSP)
- TABLE 14: TOTAL E-COMMERCE SALES THROUGH WEBSITES (EXCLUDING EDI) 2008-2013 (£BN)
- CHART 15: UK E-COMMERCE MARKET - % SHARE OF TOTAL RETAIL SALES 2008 - 2014
- CHART 16: BUSINESSES PURCHASING VIA E-COMMERCE IN 2012 BY COMPANY SIZE
- CHART 17: GB USERS WITH MOBILE INTERNET ACCESS 2009 - 2014
- CHART 18: MOBILE INTERNET USE - % ACCESS BY AGE GROUP 2014
- CHART 19: MOBILE INTERNET USE - % MIX BY DEVICE USED 2013
- CHART 20: ONLINE RESEARCHER PROFILE BY AGE CATEGORY 2014
- CHART 21: ONLINE ADVERTISING - % MIX BY SECTOR 2013 (PAID FOR SEARCHES, DISPLAY ADS, ETC)
- CHART 22: OVERALL PRODUCT MIX 2014 BY VALUE (%)
- CHART 23: UK LIGHTING MARKET PRODUCT MIX (LAMPS, LUMINAIRES AND CONTROLS) 2013 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 24: UK LIGHTING MARKET DISTRIBUTION MIX 2013 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 25: ELECTRICAL ACCESSORIES MARKET PRODUCT MIX 2013 - WIRING ACCESSORIES, CIRCUIT PROTECTION, CABLES % BY VALUE
- CHART 26: UK ELECTRICAL ACCESSORIES DISTRIBUTION MIX 2013 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 27: PRODUCT MIX OF SECURITY & FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS % BY VALUE 2013
- CHART 28: UK FIRE & SECURITY PRODUCTS DISTRIBUTION MIX 2013 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 29: ELECTRIC HEATING PRODUCT MIX 2013 - % BY VALUE (SPACE HEATING, CONTROLS, CENTRAL, WATER)
- CHART 30: UK ELECTRICAL HEATING PRODUCTS DISTRIBUTION MIX 2013 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 31: OVERALL MARKET MIX BY PRODUCT TYPE (NON-DOMESTIC, DOMESTIC) BY VALUE 2013
- CHART 32: UK VENTILATION DISTRIBUTION MIX 2013 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 33: PRODUCT MIX OF BUILT-IN APPLIANCES % BY VALUE 2013
- CHART 34: MARKET SHARES BY ELECTRICAL CONTRACTING TURNOVER 2012/13
- TABLE 35: TOP ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS IN THE UK - BY ESTIMATED TURNOVER FROM ELECTRICAL WORK 2012/13