Product Code: Frn5
INTRODUCTION and OVERVIEW
AMA Research have published the 2nd edition of the report ‘Office and Home Office Furniture Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis'. This report combines the Office and Home Office market reports, previously published separately, and incorporates original research. The report assesses the current situation and presents forecasts of performance for the office and home office furniture market, covering desking, seating, storage and other furniture, through to 2019.
Key areas covered:
- Desking - executive, system and economy.
- Seating - adjustable and non-adjustable.
- Storage - shelving, bookcases, cupboards, filing cabinets, personal, shared, archive.
- Other - screens and computer trolleys etc.
Key areas of insight include:
- Office construction levels and likely impact on the office furniture market.
- Increasing impact of imports on the UK market.
- The changing nature and impact of the SOHO market, growth of alternative distribution channels.
- Key suppliers increasing market share despite low market growth.
Some of the companies included:
Advantia Business Solutions, Ahrend, Bene, Bisley Office Equipment, Clarke Rendall Business Furniture, Connection Seating, DAMS Furniture, EFG Office Furniture, Elite Office Furniture (UK), Flexiform Business Furniture, Frem Group, G.G.I. Office Furniture (UK), Godfrey Syrett, Gresham Office Furniture, Hammond Furniture, Haworth Inc, Herman Miller, Imperial Office Furniture, Integra Office Solutions, KI (UK), Kinnarps (UK), Knoll International, Lee & Plumpton, Mobili Office, Monarch Acoustics, Nemo, Neville Johnson, Office Club, Orangebox, Pledge Office Chairs Rackline, SBFI, Sedus Stoll, Senator International, Sharps Bedrooms, Silverline Office Equipment, Staples UK Retail, Staverton (UK), Steelcase, Superstat, Sven Christiansen, Techo UK, Teknion UK, The Office Friendly Dealer Association, Triumph Furniture, Tvilum Aps, Verco Office Furniture, Viking, Vitra, XPD.
Key areas covered in the report include:
OFFICE AND HOME OFFICE FURNITURE MARKET
- Total office and home office furniture market - analysis of size by value, current situation, historical trends, forecasts, reasons for changes and background influences.
- Future prospects of the market to 2019.
- Imports and Exports - trade balance, major countries supplying imports.
- Key influences on the development of office and home office furniture - technology, call centres, the SOHO market, new working practices and environmental considerations.
- The office construction market - analysis by size, public/private sector mix, historical trends and future prospects, RMI and its influence on market trends.
- Major product groups within the office and home office furniture market, share of the market.
- Desking market - analysis by size, historical trends with forecasts to 2019. Trends in functionality and design, other desking trends including pedestals, impact of changing working practices and technological developments, future prospects, greater market fragmentation.
- Seating market - analysis by size, historical trends, forecasts to 2019. Mix of seating market by type i.e. adjustable/non-adjustable, reasons for growth of adjustable, influence of changing regulations, new product features, material usage, different types of seating, innovations.
- Storage market - size by value with historical trends and forecasts to 2019. Mix of storage units by material and mix by type i.e. shelving/cabinet/cupboards.
- Other office furniture e.g. mobile computer trolleys, partitioning/screening, breakout furniture.
REVIEW OF THE HOME OFFICE FURNITURE MARKET
- Home office furniture market - analysis of size by value, current situation, historical trends, forecasts, reasons for changes and background influences.
- Future prospects of the market to 2019.
- Product mix and trends - mix of products within the home office furniture sector. .
- Key suppliers in the home office furniture sector.
SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION
- Major suppliers, market shares, product and market positioning.
- Key company information for major companies. Changes in market structures.
- Other suppliers involved in desking & tables, seating, storage & partitioning.
- Major channels of distribution - shares by type of channel, areas of growth and decline, future trends and opportunities.
- Key outlets involved in the major channels of distribution.
- Prospects for the Office and Home Office Furniture market - major factors influencing short and longer term prospects.
- Developments in the major product and market sectors.
- Supplier and distribution developments.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. SUMMARY & FUTURE PROSPECTS
- 2.1. SUMMARY
- 2.2. FUTURE PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. OFFICE AND HOME OFFICE FURNITURE - MARKET SIZE AND STRUCTURE
- 4.1. DEFINITIONS
- 4.2. MARKET TRENDS
- 4.2.1. Overall Market Size and Background
- 4.2.2. Current Trends
- 4.2.3. Future Prospects
- 4.3. KEY MARKET INFLUENCES
- 4.3.1. Construction Contractors' Output - Non-Domestic
- 4.3.2. Contractors' Output - Commercial Sector
- 4.3.3. Technological Influences and Working Practices
- 4.3.4. Environmental Considerations
- 4.4. INTERNATIONAL TRADE
- 4.4.1. Overall Imports and Exports
- 4.4.2. Imports by Country
5. OFFICE AND HOME OFFICE FURNITURE BY PRODUCT
- 5.1. PRODUCT MIX
- 5.2. DESKING
- 5.2.1. Market Size and Trends
- 5.2.2. End Use Applications
- 5.2.3. Organisation Type and Size
- 5.2.4. Desk Design, Size and Shape
- 5.3. SEATING
- 5.3.1. Seating Definition
- 5.3.2. Market Size
- 5.3.3. Trends
- 5.4. STORAGE
- 5.4.1. Storage Definition
- 5.4.2. Storage Market Size
- 5.4.3. Storage Trends
- 5.5. OTHER FURNITURE
- 5.5.1. Market Size and Trends
- 5.5.2. Partitioning / Screening
- 5.5.3. Breakout Furniture
- 5.5.4. Computer Trolleys
6. THE HOME OFFICE MARKET
- 6.1. DEFINITION OF HOME OFFICE FURNITURE
- 6.2. MARKET SIZE AND GROWTH
- 6.2.1. Current Situation
- 6.2.2. Growth Prospects
- 6.3. HOME OFFICE FURNITURE PRODUCT TYPES
- 6.4. HOME OFFICE FURNITURE PRODUCT MIX
- 6.4.1. Home Office Desking
- 6.4.2. Home Office Seating
- 6.4.3. Home Office Storage
- 6.5. PRODUCT TRENDS
- 6.6. HOME OFFICE FURNITURE SUPPLIERS
7. SUPPLIERS - OFFICE FURNITURE
- 7.1. GENERAL
- 7.2. COMPANIES
- 7.2.1. Leading Suppliers
- 7.2.2. Other Office Furniture Suppliers
- 7.2.3. Others
8. DISTRIBUTION - OFFICE & HOME OFFICE FURNITURE
- 8.1. OVERALL STRUCTURE
- 8.2. DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS
- 8.2.1. Dealers
- 8.2.2. Buying Groups
- 8.2.3. Direct
- 8.2.4. Mail Order/ Superstores/ Retail/ Internet
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: THE UK OFFICE AND HOME OFFICE FURNITURE MARKET 2009-2019 (£M MSP)
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2012-2015 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2019
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2019
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2009-2015 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- TABLE 6: UK MARKET FOR OFFICE AND HOME OFFICE FURNITURE 2009-2014 (£M MSP)
- TABLE 7: OFFICE FURNITURE MARKET FORECASTS TO 2019 (£M MSP)
- TABLE 8: CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT 2010-2019 NEW WORK AND RMI (NON HOUSING) GREAT BRITAIN - CURRENT PRICES (£BN)
- TABLE 9: CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT 2010-2019 SECTOR FORECASTS (NON HOUSING) GREAT BRITAIN - CURRENT PRICES (£BN)
- TABLE 10: UK IMPORTS AND EXPORTS OF OFFICE FURNITURE 2010-2014 (£M)
- TABLE 11: UK IMPORTS AND EXPORTS OF OFFICE FURNITURE BY PRODUCT 2010-2014 (£M)
- TABLE 12: IMPORTS OF OFFICE FURNITURE BY COUNTRY (£M) 2012-2014
- TABLE 13: MIX OF PRODUCTS WITHIN THE UK OFFICE FURNITURE MARKET 2003 AND 2014 (£M AT MSP)
- TABLE 14: THE UK MARKET FOR DESKING 2010-2019 (£M AT MSP)
- TABLE 15: THE UK MARKET FOR OFFICE SEATING 2010-2019 (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 16: UK MARKET FOR ADJUSTABLE SEATING (1995 AND 2014 - % BY VALUE)
- TABLE 17: UK MARKET FOR OFFICE STORAGE 2010-2019 (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 18: STORAGE MATERIAL MIX BY VALUE - 1993-2014
- CHART 19: UK MARKET FOR STORAGE BY TYPE - % MIX BY VALUE 2014
- TABLE 20: THE UK MARKET FOR OTHER OFFICE FURNITURE 2010-2019 (£M AT MSP)
- TABLE 21: UK MARKET FOR HOME OFFICE FURNITURE 2009 - 2014 (£M MSP)
- CHART 22: UK HOME OFFICE FURNITURE MARKET 2009-2019 (£ M MSP)
- TABLE 23: HOMEWORKING TRENDS 1997-2014 - NUMBER AND % OF POPULATION
- CHART 24: VALUE MIX OF FLAT PACK/READY ASSEMBLED HOME OFFICE FURNITURE 2014
- TABLE 25: PRODUCT MIX UK HOME OFFICE FURNITURE MARKET 2014 (£M MSP)
- CHART 26: MIX OF HOME OFFICE FURNITURE BY PRODUCT TYPE 2014 BY VALUE
- TABLE 27: MARKET SHARE OF LEADING OFFICE AND HOME OFFICE FURNITURE SUPPLIERS % BY VALUE 2014
- CHART 28: SHARE OF MARKET HELD BY 6 LEADING OFFICE FURNITURE SUPPLIERS (%)
- CHART 29: OFFICE FURNITURE - DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE
- CHART 30: DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL SHARE BY VALUE - OFFICE FURNITURE - 2014