Product Code: Gdn2
INTRODUCTION and OVERVIEW
The 13th edition of the ‘Domestic Conservatory & Glazed Extensions Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis' incorporates original input and represents an up-to-date, comprehensive and unique review of this market. The report reviews changes in the conservatory and glazed extension market in domestic applications, assessing how the sector has evolved in terms of a wider range of more bespoke designs (conservatories, orangeries etc), colour options, bifold doors and higher insulation standards.
Key issues analysed:
- Market size - volumes, values, trends, forecasts.
- Product mix - colours, styles and designs
- Frame materials - share by PVCu, aluminium, timber - trends, forecasts.
- Supply and distribution - key suppliers, channel shares etc.
- Market prospects - forecasts for key market, product supply and distribution trends to 2020.
Key areas of insight include:
- Review of market performance in 2014-16.
- Increasing importance for the role of RMI - trend toward replacing conservatory elements - eg. roofs, doors etc.
- Product developments - recent trends and future changes - trend towards diversification of styles, orangeries, loggias - glazed/solid roofs etc.
- Market prospects - short and medium term prospects up to 2020 -prospects for recovery in the medium term, growth of internet.
- Overview of sector including related fittings and accessories - flooring, blinds, underfloor heating etc.
Some of the companies included:
Anglian Windows, Aztec Conservatory Roof Systems, C R Smith, Cambrian Windows, CWG Choices, David Salisbury, Deceuninck, Duraflex, Epwin Group, Eurocell Profiles, Europlas, Everest, HL Plastics, Howarth Timber, John Fredericks Plastics, Kawneer UK, Malbrook, Masco UK, Penicuik Home Improvements, Profine UK, Quantal, Rehau, Richmond Oak, Safestyle, Sapa Group, Sash UK, Smart Aluminium Extrusions, Swift Frame, Synseal, Ultraframe, Vale Garden Houses, Veka, Weatherseal, Zenith Staybrite.
Key areas covered in the report include:
- Market size by value - market developments from 2011-2016, analysis and forecast of market trends 2016 - 2020.
- Conservatory market by volume - rapid growth in mid-late 1990s, market conditions from 2011-2016, forecasts through to 2020.
- Market sizes by product and material usage - changing mix between PVCu, timber and aluminum 2002-2016, strengths and weaknesses of different product/market sectors. Future prospects for material usage up to 2020.
- Market penetration levels - current household ownership levels and future developments - saturation levels and limiting factors on long term growth.
- Design changes - growth of bespoke designs /orangeries, Planning/Building Regulations and future trends. Share mix changes between Lean-To, Edwardian/Georgian, Victorian, Orangeries, Loggias, Garden Rooms etc.
- Analysis of conservatory accessory market sectors including flooring, window coverings/blinds, underfloor heating - market sizes 2010-2020, trends by sector, impact of conservatory market.
DISTRIBUTION AND SUPPLY
- Major suppliers - market shares of leading suppliers, market structure, profiles of major players, strengths and weaknesses. Roofing system suppliers.
- Channels of distribution - sales of products by channels of distribution (Garden Centres, Direct Sell Companies, Internet, Conservatory Specialists, Builders etc.) Areas of specialisation and analysis of changes.
- Distribution channel sharesn> - by volume and value. Growth of specialists and internet.
- New build as a market sector - recent trends, changing housing market, longer term potential.
- Distribution structure for PVCu, Aluminum & Timber Conservatories - major differences between material and distribution channel.
- Future prospects for major channels - including analysis of changes in market structure in recent years.
- General overview of economic climate - recovery in economy, housing market, consumer confidence etc - prospects for recovery in the medium term.
- Forecasts of key market, product supply and distribution trends up to 2020.
- Key factors influencing growth prospects - impact of Brexit.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. SUMMARY & MARKET PROSPECTS
- 2.1. SUMMARY
- 2.2. MARKET PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. MARKET STRUCTURE
- 4.1. MARKET DEFINITION
- 4.2. MARKET SIZE
- 4.2.1. Background
- 4.2.2. Current Trends & Future Growth
- 4.3. MARKET VOLUMES
- 4.4. MARKET TRENDS
- 4.4.1. Planning Permission and Building Regulations
- 4.4.2. Trade Associations and Approvals
- 4.5. CONSERVATORIES AND ENERGY USE
- 4.6. HOUSEHOLD OWNERSHIP LEVELS
- 5.1. PRODUCT TRENDS
- 5.2. FRAME MATERIALS AND GLAZING
- 5.3. ROOF SYSTEMS
- 5.3.1. Polycarbonate Sheets
- 5.3.2. High Specification Glass
- 5.3.3. Solid Roofs
- 5.3.4. Other Developments
- 5.4. CONSERVATORY STYLES AND DESIGNS
- 5.5. OTHER RELATED PRODUCTS
- 5.5.1. Floor Tiles
- 5.5.2. Heating Systems
- 5.5.3. Blinds
- 5.5.4. Others
- 6.1. SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- 6.2. MARKET SHARES
- 6.3. COMPANY PROFILES
- 6.3.1. Manufacturers
- 6.3.2. Retail Glazing Companies
- 6.3.3. Door, Window and Conservatory Companies
- 6.3.4. Specialist Roofing Systems Suppliers
- 6.3.5. Window Profile Suppliers
7. CHANNELS OF DISTRIBUTION
- 7.1. OVERVIEW
- 7.2. GARDEN CENTRES
- 7.3. REPLACEMENT WINDOW COMPANIES
- 7.4. DIY MULTIPLES
- 7.5. DIRECT SELL CONSERVATORY SPECIALISTS
- 7.6. BUILDERS & OTHERS
TABLES AND CHARTS
- TABLE 1: DOMESTIC CONSERVATORY/GLAZED EXTENSIONS MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2011 -2020 -BY VALUE (£M RSP)
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2013-2016 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2020
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2020
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2012-2018 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- TABLE 6: DOMESTIC CONSERVATORY/GLAZED EXTENSIONS MARKET SIZE AND FORECASTS 2011 -2020 -BY VALUE (£M RSP)
- TABLE 7: DOMESTIC CONSERVATORY & GLAZED EXTENSIONS MARKET 2011 -2020 NEW & REPLACEMENT BY VOLUME
- CHART 8: HOUSEHOLD OWNERSHIP LEVELS OF CONSERVATORIES 1990-2016
- CHART 9: HOUSEBUILDING COMPLETIONS IN ENGLAND - % MIX BY TYPE OF DWELLING (FLATS VERSUS HOUSES) 2005-2020
- TABLE 10: FRAME MATERIAL USAGE (ALUMINIUM, PVCU, TIMBER) -% VOLUMES - 1992-2016
- CHART 11: CONSERVATORY STYLES - VICTORIAN, LEAN-TO'S, ORANGERIES/GLAZED EXTENSIONS ETC) - 2016 - % SHARE BY VOLUME
- CHART 12: UK TILES MARKET (CERAMIC & PORCELAIN, NATURAL STONE AND OTHERS) AND FORECASTS 2011-2016 - BY VALUE (£M AT MSP)
- CHART 13: UK TILES MARKET PRODUCT MIX (CERAMIC & PORCELAIN, NATURAL STONE AND OTHERS) 2015-16 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 14: UK UNDERFLOOR HEATING MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2011-2016
- CHART 15: UK DOMESTIC BLINDS MARKET AND FORECASTS 2010 TO 2020 - BY VALUE (£M AT RSP)
- CHART 16: UK BLINDS MARKET MIX BY END USE APPLICATION (WINDOWS, CONSERVATORIES, DOOR/ROOFLIGHTS/SKYLIGHTS) 2007 TO 2015 - % BY VALUE
- TABLE 17: CONSERVATORY MARKET - 2016 ESTIMATED SHARE BY VALUE
- CHART 18: UK REPLACEMENT DOOR & WINDOW RETAIL SHARES BY VALUE 2016
- TABLE 19: RETAIL GLAZING SECTOR - MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2016
- TABLE 20: CONSERVATORY DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS (REPLACEMENT WINDOW COMPANIES, CONSERVATORY SPECIALISTS, GARDEN CENTRES, DIY, BUILDERS ETC) 2001 - 2016 % SHARE BY VOLUME
- CHART 21: CHANNELS OF DISTRIBUTION - 2016 SHARE BY VALUE
- CHART 22: DISTRIBUTION OF TIMBER CONSERVATORIES
- CHART 23: DISTRIBUTION OF PVCU CONSERVATORIES