Product Code: Gdn7
The 6th edition of the ‘Domestic Garden Buildings and Structures Market Report - UK 2018-2022' represents an up-to-date and comprehensive review of the garden buildings and structures market, and focuses on market size and forecasts, key influences and supply & distribution.
Products included in the report:
- Garden buildings for all year use - including modular rooms, timber framed and other insulated garden buildings e.g. tree-houses, shepherds huts, etc.
- Log cabins and summerhouses.
- Garden sheds & garden storage.
- Garden structures and other products.
Key areas of particular interest include:
- Review of market performance 2013-2017.
- Review of major product groups - market sizes, influences, trends.
- Identification of key market influences - consumer interest, homeworking, product design, housebuilding, housemoving, weather, gardening activities, trend towards secondary residential garden building use as well as garden buildings for leisure activities etc.
- Review of key suppliers and distributors - shares, trends, market developments.
- Market prospects up to 2022 - future growth expectations, key opportunities and threats to the market.
- Detailed market data and insight on the domestic garden buildings and structures market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
- Domestic garden buildings and structure market - market definition in terms of products included.
- Market size (buildings only) - analysis by value from 2013-2017 and key characteristics of the market.
- Key influences on the market - consumer interest, gardening activities, product design, housebuilding, housemoving, homeworking, weather, trend towards secondary residential garden building use as well as garden buildings for leisure activities etc.
- Market forecasts - market size, prospects and influencing factors on market to 2022.
- Market size of the garden buildings used for working, accommodation and leisure use by volume 2013-2017, with forecasts of 2018-2022.
- Review of key product sectors - garden building for all year use (modular, timber-framed and other insulated garden buildings (e.g. tree-houses, shepherds huts); log cabins & summerhouses; garden sheds & storage; greenhouses; and garden structures etc.
- Assessment of product sector market sizes 2013-2017 and review of products including recent trends and factors affecting sector.
- Product mix shares by value.
- Sector forecasts - sector size, prospects and influencing factors on sectors to 2022.
Suppliers and Distribution
- Overview of the market - distribution structure indicating key routes to market.
- Supply structure - including review of key suppliers by product groups.
- Market share by value for the major suppliers.
- Profiles of key suppliers - turnovers, areas of specialization etc.
- Distribution overview - home improvement multiples, direct supply, online, mail order & catalogue companies, garden centres, timber & builders merchants, others - key players in major channels.
- Channels of distribution share by value.
- Forecast of market development - Review of prospects in 2018-2022. Future trends likely to affect this market.
- Positive and negative factors affecting the market - consumer confidence & spending, housebuilding & housemoving, homeworking, widening use of garden buildings for leisure & residential use, gardening activities, weather, upgrading & customization of buildings etc.
Blue Forest UK, Crane Garden Buildings, Dagless, Dunster House, Eden Greenhouses, Elite Greenhouses, Eurovudas, Forest Garden, Garden Lodges, Green Retreats, Harrod UK, Hartley Botanic, Henley Garden Buildings, Homelodge Buildings, Homestead Timber Buildings, Inside Out Buildings, Juliana Group, Kybotech, Lowfield, Keder Greenhouses, Lugarde, Luoman Oy, Mercia Garden Buildings, Palmako, Pinelog, Rooms Outdoor, Rowlinson Garden Products, Smart Offices, Swallow (GB), TG Escapes, The Greenhouse People, The Malvern Collection, Timeless Garden Rooms, Vitavia Garden Products, Wentworth Garden Rooms, YardMaster and more.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. SUMMARY AND FUTURE PROSPECTS
- 2.1. SUMMARY
- 2.2. MARKET PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. DOMESTIC GARDEN BUILDING AND STRUCTURES MARKET
- 4.1. DEFINITION
- 4.2. MARKET BACKGROUND
- 4.2.1. Overall Garden Products Market Size
- 4.2.2. Overall Garden Products Mix
- 4.3. DOMESTIC GARDEN BUILDING & STRUCTURES MARKET SIZE
- 4.3.1. Current Situation
- 4.3.2. Market Prospects
- 4.4. KEY MARKET INFLUENCES
- 4.4.1. The Housing Market
- 4.4.2. Housing Transactions
- 4.4.3. Planning permission
- 4.4.4. Homeworking
- 4.4.5. Other influences
- 5.1. PRODUCT MIX
- 5.2. GARDEN BUILDINGS FOR WORKING, ACCOMMODATION OR LEISURE BY VOLUME
6. UK 'GARDEN BUILDINGS FOR ALL YEAR USE' MARKET
- 6.1. DEFINITION
- 6.2. MARKET SIZE
- 6.3. PRODUCT MIX OF 'GARDEN BUILDINGS FOR ALL YEAR USE' MARKET
- 6.3.1. Modular Garden Rooms
- 6.3.2. Timber Framed Buildings
- 6.3.3. 'Other' garden rooms
7. UK LOG CABIN AND SUMMERHOUSE MARKET
- 7.1. DEFINITION
- 7.2. MARKET SIZE
- 7.3. PRODUCT MIX
- 7.3.1. Log Cabins
- 7.3.2. Summerhouses
8. SHEDS & GARDEN STORAGE MARKET
- 8.1. DEFINITION
- 8.2. MARKET SIZE
9. UK GREENHOUSE MARKET
- 9.1. DEFINITION
- 9.2. MARKET SIZE
- 9.3. PRODUCT MIX
10. GARDEN STRUCTURES
- 10.1. MARKET SIZE & DEFINITION
- 10.2. PRODUCT MIX
11. SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTION
- 11.1. OVERVIEW
- 11.2. SUPPLIERS
- 11.2.1. Market Shares
- 11.2.2. Key UK Suppliers
- 11.3. DISTRIBUTION
- 11.3.1. Distribution Channel Shares
- 11.3.2. Home Improvement Outlets
- 11.3.3. Online and Mail Order Retailers
- 11.3.4. Garden Centres
- 11.3.5. Timber and Builders' Merchants
- 11.3.6. Direct Supply and Other Retailers
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK DOMESTIC GARDEN BUILDINGS & STRUCTURES MARKET 2013-2022 - BY VALUE (£M RSP)
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2017 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2022
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2022
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2014-2020 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- CHART 6: UK DOMESTIC GARDEN PRODUCTS DISTRIBUTION MARKET 2013-2022 - BY VALUE (£M RSP)
- CHART 7: MIX OF PRODUCTS WITHIN THE UK DOMESTIC GARDEN PRODUCTS MARKET (HORTICULTURAL, EQUIPMENT, LEISURE, CHEMICALS, BUILDINGS, SUNDRIES ETC.) 2017 - BY VALUE
- TABLE 8: UK DOMESTIC GARDEN BUILDINGS & STRUCTURES MARKET 2013-2022 £M RSP
- CHART 9: HOUSING COMPLETIONS 2013 - 2021 - UNITED KINGDOM ('000)
- TABLE 10: UK RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS* VALUED AT £40K OR ABOVE (NOT SEASONALLY ADJUSTED) 2013-2021 BY VOLUME (000'S)
- CHART 11: UK HOMEWORKERS WORKING MAINLY FROM HOME 2001-2017 (MILLIONS)
- CHART 12: PRODUCT MIX OF UK MARKET FOR DOMESTIC GARDEN BUILDINGS & STRUCTURES (GARDEN ROOMS, LOG CABINS, STORAGE, GREENHOUSES ETC) BY VALUE, 2017
- TABLE 13: UK GARDEN BUILDINGS (GARDEN ROOMS, TIMBER FRAME BUILDINGS & LOG CABINS) MARKET 2013-2022 BY VOLUME
- TABLE 14: UK 'GARDEN BUILDINGS FOR ALL YEAR USE' MARKET (BUILDINGS ONLY - EXCLUDING VALUE ADDED SERVICES), 2013-2022 £M RSP
- CHART 15: PRODUCT MIX OF UK MARKET FOR 'GARDEN BUILDINGS FOR ALL YEAR USE' (MODULAR GARDEN ROOMS, TIMBER FRAMED & OTHERS) BY VALUE - 2017 (£M RSP)
- TABLE 16: UK DOMESTIC LOG CABIN AND SUMMERHOUSE MARKET, 2013-2022 £M RSP
- CHART 17: PRODUCT MIX - DOMESTIC LOG CABIN AND SUMMERHOUSE MARKET 2017, % BY VALUE
- TABLE 18: UK SHEDS & GARDEN STORAGE MARKET, 2013-2022 £M RSP
- CHART 19: DOMESTIC SHEDS & GARDEN STORAGE MARKET BY TYPE OF MATERIAL (WOOD, METAL & PLASTIC), 2017 - % BY VALUE
- TABLE 20: UK DOMESTIC GREENHOUSE MARKET, 2013-2022 £M RSP
- CHART 21: PRODUCT MIX - DOMESTIC GREENHOUSES MARKET 2017 (GREENHOUSES AND STAGING, BENCHES AND SHELVING) - % BY VALUE
- CHART 22: GARDEN STRUCTURES MARKET 2013-2022 - BY VALUE (£M RSP)
- CHART 23: PRODUCT MIX - GARDEN STRUCTURES (GAZEBOS, PERGOLAS, ARCHES, ARBOURS ETC) 2017 - % BY VALUE
- CHART 24: DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURE FOR GARDEN BUILDINGS & STRUCTURES MARKET
- TABLE 25: UK GARDEN BUILDINGS AND STRUCTURES MARKET 2017 - SUPPLIER SHARE BY VALUE
- TABLE 26: DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL SHARES IN THE GARDEN BUILDING & STRUCTURES MARKET - SHARE BY PRODUCT & CHANNEL (DIY, DIRECT SUPPLY, INTERNET/MAIL ORDER, GARDEN CENTRES ETC) - 2017 - % BY VOLUME
- TABLE 27: DISTRIBUTION SHARES OF GARDEN BUILDINGS & STRUCTURES MARKET 2017 - BY VALUE
- TABLE 28: GARDEN CENTRE MARKET SHARES 2017 BY VALUE (EST)