Product Code: hte6
The 6th Edition of the ‘Electronic Security Systems Market Report- UK 2018-2022’ incorporates analysis of the CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Alarm markets along with a review of the installation, servicing and monitoring of electronic security systems. Written by marketing professionals, the report provides suppliers with a detailed review of this changing market, influenced by capital expenditure in key end-use sectors and technological developments.
Key issues analysed in the report
- Overall electronic security market size - products and services.
- Recent market developments and future prospects to 2022.
- Market size and sector reviews for Intruder Alarms, CCTV and Access Control.
- Key influences, product trends and end-use applications.
- Main suppliers and distribution channels.
Areas of particular interest:
- Buoyant construction levels, particularly in the private sector, have driven sales of CCTV, access control and intruder alarms.
- Technological developments have continued to drive the replacement market, particularly for CCTV. Chinese manufacturers have shifted their focus from low pricing to R&D.
- Increasing focus on overall lifecycle cost of a system including product, installation, operational costs, monitoring and management costs.
- Greater involvement of IT software and system providers in the electronic security industry driven by technological developments.
- Increasing emphasis on providing a full product and service package.
THE MARKET FOR ELECTRONIC SECURITY
- Overview of electronic security market for products and services, plus analysis of underlying trends and key influences on each of the main sectors of the security market - Intruder Alarms, CCTV and Access Control.
- Historical background - development of the market, influencing factors, economic influences, etc.
- Market size by value for electronic security products and services - 2013-2018 - market prospects and factors influencing future growth potential with forecasts up to 2022.
- Key influences and trends on the development of the market - impact of the economy, technological developments, supply chain review and trends within the manufacturing and construction sectors.
ELECTRONIC SECURITY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Value share of the market (products and services) accounted for by Access Control, Intruder Alarm and CCTV in 2017 and forecasts for 2022, background and current trends in addition to the anticipated trends within the various sectors.
- Product features and trends, advantages and disadvantages offered by the various types of technology and key application areas. Growth of access control/CCTV, security, crime, general surveillance issues, IT, Mobile devices etc.
- CCTV equipment/product market size from 2013-2022, key market drivers, supplier development, product trends.
- Access Control equipment/product market size from 2013-2022, key market drivers, product trends and suppliers.
- Intruder Alarm equipment/product market size from 2013-2022, key market drivers, product trends and applications.
END-USE APPLICATIONS AND DRIVERS
- Mix of security system installations by end-use sector for 2016 and 2018.
- Principal end use sectors - share taken by key sectors including commercial, industrial, public sector, health and education 2017.
- Trends within the key end-use sectors and related products and services, e.g. emphasis on additional services including after-sales support, growth of integrated and networked systems.
SUPPLY & DISTRIBUTION STRUCTURES
- Review of the major channels and trends, including direct supply, specialist distributors, electrical wholesalers, etc. Corporate activity, and specification and installation.
- Review of key companies including equipment manufacturers, distributors and installers - company profiles, turnover, key characteristics.
ADI Global Distribution, Allegion UK Ltd, Assa Abloy, Avigilon, Axis Communications, Bosch Service Solutions Ltd, Canon, Dahua Technology, Dormakaba, DVS Ltd, Dynamic CCTV, Enterprise Security Distribution, FLIR Systems, Hanwha Techwin Ltd, HID Corporation, Hikvision, Honeywell Security UK, IndigoVision, Johnson Controls International, NetVu, Norbain Holdings, Oprema Security, Optex (Europe) Limited, Panasonic Corporation, Paxton Access, Pyronix, Risco Group, Swann Communications, Synectics, TDSi, Texecom Ltd, Uniview, Vanderbilt International, Videcon, Yale and more.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. SUMMARY AND MARKET PROSPECTS
- 2.1. SUMMARY
- 2.2. MARKET PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. THE ELECTRONIC SECURITY MARKET
- 4.1. MARKET DEFINITION
- 4.2. MARKET SIZE (PRODUCTS AND SERVICES)
- 4.3. MARKET PROSPECTS
- 4.4. KEY MARKET INFLUENCES
- 4.4.1. Legislative & Regulatory
- 4.4.2. Open Standards
- 4.4.3. Crime Rates
- 4.4.4. False Alarms
- 4.4.5. Security Inspectorates, Accreditation Bodies and Associations
5. ELECTRONIC SECURITY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- 5.1. MARKET OVERVIEW - PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- 5.2. ELECTRONIC SECURITY MARKET SERVICES
- 5.2.1. Market definition
- 5.2.2. Market Size and Trends - Services
- 5.2.3. Trends in Services
- 5.3. CLOSED CIRCUIT TELEVISION (CCTV)
- 5.3.1. Market definition
- 5.3.2. Market Size and Trends
- 5.3.3. Market Prospects
- 5.3.4. Product Trends
- 5.3.5. Supply Structure
- 5.4. ACCESS CONTROL
- 5.4.1. Market Definition
- 5.4.2. Market Size and Trends
- 5.4.3. Market Prospects
- 5.4.4. Supplier Development
- 5.4.5. Product Trends
- 5.5. INTRUDER ALARMS
- 5.5.1. Market definition
- 5.5.2. Market Size and Trends
- 5.5.3. Market Prospects
- 5.5.4. Product Trends
6. END-USE APPLICATIONS AND DRIVERS
- 6.1. OVERVIEW
- 6.2. KEY END USE SECTORS
- 6.2.1. Industrial
- 6.2.2. Commercial Offices
- 6.2.3. Entertainment & Leisure
- 6.2.4. Retail
- 6.2.5. Public Sector
- 6.2.6. Infrastructure
- 6.2.7. Residential
7. SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION
- 7.1. OVERVIEW
- 7.2. MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- 7.3. RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT (R&D)
- 7.4. MANUFACTURERS
- 7.5. DISTRIBUTORS
- 7.6. SPECIFICATION AND INSTALLATION
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK ELECTRONIC SECURITY MARKET AND FORECASTS 2013-2022 (£M AT END-USER PRICES)
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2018 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2022
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2022
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2014-2020 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- CHART 6: UK ELECTRONIC SECURITY MARKET AND FORECASTS 2013-2022 (£M AT END-USER PRICES)
- TABLE 7: INCIDENTS OF CRIME SURVEY 2017/2018
- TABLE 8: POLICE RECORDED 2017/2018
- CHART 9: ELECTRONIC SECURITY MARKET - ACCESS CONTROL, CCTV, INTRUDER ALARMS % SHARE BY VALUE 2017
- CHART 10: ELECTRONIC SECURITY MARKET (INTRUDER ALARMS, CCTV, ACCESS CONTROL) - SHARE BY VALUE 2017 & 2022
- CHART 11: ACCESS CONTROL, CCTV, INTRUDER ALARMS SERVICES MARKET SHARE 2017 BY VALUE
- TABLE 12: UK MARKET FOR ELECTRONIC SECURITY SERVICES VALUE (AT END-USER PRICES) 2013 2022 (£M)
- TABLE 13: UK CCTV EQUIPMENT MARKET (END-USER PRICES) 2013 2022 (£M)
- TABLE 14: THE UK ELECTRONIC ACCESS CONTROL PRODUCT MARKET 2013 2022 (£M AT END-USER PRICES)
- TABLE 15: UK INTRUDER ALARM PRODUCTS MARKET 2013 2022 (£M AT END-USER PRICES)
- TABLE 16: MIX OF SECURITY SYSTEM INSTALLATIONS % SHARE BY END-USE SECTOR 2016 & 2018 - RESIDENTIAL, INDUSTRIAL, COMMERCIAL, RETAIL, FINANCIAL, LICENSED, PUBLIC SECTOR
- CHART 17: ELECTRONIC SECURITY MARKET PRODUCT MIX - BY END-USE SECTOR (RESIDENTIAL, INDUSTRIAL, COMMERCIAL, RETAIL, PUBLIC) - SHARE BY VOLUME 2017
- CHART 18: OUTPUT - NON-RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION BY SECTOR (GB) 2013 TO 2022 - BY VALUE (£BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES)
- TABLE 19: INDUSTRIAL CAPITAL EXPENDITURE (CURRENT PRICES*) 2017
- TABLE 20: GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTAL CAPITAL EXPENDITURE
- TABLE 21: HOUSE BUILDING COMPLETIONS (UK) 2013 TO 2022 - BY VOLUME
- CHART 22: HOUSEBUILDING COMPLETIONS IN ENGLAND - % MIX BY TYPE OF DWELLING (FLATS VERSUS HOUSES) 2005-2021
- CHART 23: GROWTH OF THE PRS SECTOR 2014-2025 (NO. DWELLINGS) (M)
- CHART 24: SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL STRUCTURE FOR ELECTRONIC SECURITY PRODUCTS 2017
- TABLE 25: R&D EXPENDITURE AS A % OF OVERALL SALES 2016/17