INTRODUCTION and OVERVIEW
AMA Research have published the 5th edition of the report 'Health and Safety Products Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis'. The report reviews developments within the industry, with emphasis on both qualitative and quantitative market assessment and recent trends, key influencing factors and forecasts of future developments are assessed in detail.
Key areas covered:
- Detailed assessment of the market- market sizes, product mixes, key trends and issues affecting the market.
- Analysis by product group - PPE, Hygiene, First aid, Safety signs and Fire safety.
- Review of the supply and distribution structure - and profiles of leading manufacturers and distributors.
- Forecasts of market developments - to 2019.
The health & safety products market (in non-domestic applications) comprises personal protection equipment (PPE), hygiene products, first aid products, safety signs and fire safety products. Performance of the market is heavily reliant on replacement purchases and on new or revised legislation, as well as construction and manufacturing activity levels. This is a mature market, though market performance has been more positive in 2014/15, reflecting a stronger manufacturing and construction market. Market conditions are set to improve as the economy continues to recover, with the market forecast to achieve low but steady growth over the 2015-2019 period.
Key areas of insight include:
- Analysis of market performance - growing requirement for some products in the workplace underpins the market.
- Review of the key influencing factors affecting the market in 2014/15.
- Product group analysis - market sizes, product mixes, influences and trends.
- Review of key suppliers - shares of major players in each product sector.
- Review of key distribution channels - industrial product distributors, health & safety specialists etc.
- Forecasts of market performance to 2019 - prospects and market drivers.
- Some of the companies included:
- 3M, Ansell (UK), Arco, BM Polyco, Brammer, Buck & Hickman, Bunzl Group, Capital Safety, Cederroth First Aid, Centurion Safety Products, Connect Hygiene Products, Crest Medical, Cromwell Tools, Deb, Dupont, Eriks Industrial Services, FWB Products, Globus Gloves, Gojo Industries Europe, Grafton, Greenham Trading, Hayley Group, HC Slingsby, Honeywell Safety Products, HSS Hire, Impacto, JCB, JSP, Key Industrial Equipment, Kimberly-Clark, Kwintet, Lifting Gear Products, Metsa Tissue, Microgard, Moldex, Monks and Crane Industrial Group, MSA, Oregon, Pal International, Parker Merchanting, Praybourne, Protec, Reliance Medical, RS Components, Safety First Aid, Saint Gobain, SCA Hygiene, Scott Health and Safety, Screwfix Direct, Seton, Sioen Group, Spartan Safety, Speedy Hire, Stoko Skin Care, Sundström Safety, Swift Industrial Supplies, The Ashtead Group, The Viking Rubber Company, Travis Perkins, Uvex, Wallace Cameron, Wolseley.
Key areas covered in the report include:
- UK health & safety products market - market definition, size and factors underpinning demand and restricting growth.
- Overall market size in value terms from 2009-2014, with forecasts through to 2019, recent performance and future prospects in the market.
- Key market influences including health & safety regulations and exceptional circumstances (such as natural disasters and virulent disease outbreaks), level of imports, price competition, product development, employment numbers, key end-use markets including construction and manufacturing base. Impact of economic climate.
- Overview of key suppliers and distribution channels - dominance of industrial products distributors and health & safety specialists in product distribution.
- Product groups reviewed - PPE, hygiene products, first aid products, safety signs and fire safety products - market sizes and forecasts 2009-2019.
- Estimated shares of main product groups within overall market in 2014.
- Product group analysis - definition, product mix and market sizes, with forecasts to 2019.
- Product sectors - review of products within sector, including recent trends and factors affecting sector. Supply structure for each product, including market shares of leading manufacturers.
SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTION
- Profiles of leading manufacturers of health & safety products - market shares of leading players by sector, company structure, product profiles and turnovers etc. Recent acquisitions.
- Review of distribution - estimated channel shares in 2014 including general industrial distributors, health & safety specialists and equipment hire companies etc.
- Profiles of leading distributors - estimated shares of leading general industrial distributors and health & safety specialists. Review of key distributors including company structure, product profiles and turnovers.
- Forecast of market development in the short, medium and long term.
- Positive and negative factors affecting market growth - performance of UK economy, employment levels, housebuilding, construction and manufacturing, consumer visits to retail outlets, leisure establishments & public offices and regulations.
- Outlook for the health and safety products market through to 2019.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY & FUTURE PROSPECTS
- 2.1. SUMMARY
- 2.2. FUTURE PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. THE HEALTH & SAFETY PRODUCTS MARKET
- 4.1. DEFINITION
- 4.2. MARKET SIZE & TRENDS
- 4.3. MARKET INFLUENCES
- 4.3.1. Legislation
- 4.3.2. Employment
- 4.3.3. Construction Output
- 4.3.4. Manufacturing Output
5. HEALTH & SAFETY PRODUCTS
- 5.1. PRODUCT MIX
- 5.2. PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- 5.2.1. Market Definition & Size
- 5.2.2. Product Mix
- 5.3. HYGIENE PRODUCTS
- 5.3.1. Market Definition & Size
- 5.3.2. Product Mix
- 5.4. FIRST AID PRODUCTS
- 5.4.1. Market Definition & Size
- 5.4.2. Product Mix
- 5.5. SAFETY SIGNS
- 5.5.1. Market Definition & Size
- 5.5.2. Product Mix
- 5.6. FIRE SAFETY PRODUCTS
- 5.6.1. Market Definition & Size
- 5.6.2. Product Mix
- 6.1. OVERVIEW
- 6.2. PPE
- 6.2.1. Market Shares
- 6.2.2. Company Profiles
- 6.3. HYGIENE PRODUCTS
- 6.3.1. Market Shares
- 6.3.2. Company Profiles
- 6.4. FIRST AID PRODUCTS
- 6.5. SAFETY SIGNS
- 6.6. FIRE SAFETY PRODUCTS
- 7.1. DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL SHARES
- 7.2. DISTRIBUTOR SHARES
- 7.3. INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS DISTRIBUTORS AND HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALISTS
- 7.4. OTHER SUPPLIERS OF HEALTH AND SAFETY PRODUCTS
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK HEALTH AND SAFETY PRODUCTS MARKET AND FORECASTS 2009-2019 BY VALUE (£M MSP)
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2012-2014 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2019
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2019
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2009-2015 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- TABLE 6: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY PRODUCTS 2009-2019 - BY VALUE (£M MSP)
- TABLE 7: UK WORKFORCE BY INDUSTRY SECTOR (THOUSANDS, SIC 2007) - 2008 TO 2014
- CHART 8: UK CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT BY SECTOR (HOUSEBUILDING, INFRASTRUCTURE, COMMERCIAL ETC) - ANNUAL TOTALS (INDEX 2002 = 100)
- CHART 9: INDEX OF OUTPUT OF THE PRODUCTION INDUSTRIES (SEASONALLY ADJUSTED) 2011-2014 (2011=100)
- CHART 10: MIX OF HEALTH AND SAFETY PRODUCTS BY VALUE (2014) - PPE, HYGIENE, FIRST AID, SAFETY SIGNS AND FIRE SAFETY
- CHART 11: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR PPE BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2009-2019
- CHART 12: PRODUCT MIX OF PPE BY VALUE IN 2014 - CLOTHING, FOOTWEAR, EAR, HEAD, HAND, EYE/FACE, RESPIRATORY, FALL ETC
- CHART 13: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR HYGIENE PRODUCTS BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2009-2019
- CHART 14: PRODUCT MIX OF HYGIENE PRODUCTS BY VALUE IN 2014 - WASHROOM AND SKIN CARE
- CHART 15: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR FIRST AID PRODUCTS BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2009-2019
- CHART 16: PRODUCT MIX OF FIRST AID PRODUCTS BY VALUE IN 2014 (KITS, REFILLS, SPECIAL PURPOSE KITS)
- CHART 17: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR SAFETY SIGNS BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2009-2019
- CHART 18: PRODUCT MIX OF SAFETY SIGNS BY VALUE IN 2014 (HAZARD WARNING, SAFE CONDITION, FIRE, MANDATORY, PROHIBITION ETC)
- CHART 19: SAFETY SIGNS BY MATERIAL BY VALUE 2014 (SAV, PVC/RP, OTHER)
- CHART 20: UK MARKET AND FORECASTS FOR FIRE SAFETY BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2009-2019
- CHART 21: PRODUCT MIX OF FIRE SAFETY PRODUCTS BY VALUE IN 2014 (EXTINGUISHERS, STANDS/CABINETS, BUCKETS/HOSES ETC)
- TABLE 22: PPE - SUPPLIER MARKET SHARES BY VALUE IN 2014 (SHARES BY PRODUCT GROUP - HAND PROTECTION, EAR, EYE/FACE, HEAD, RESPIRATORY, FALL ETC))
- TABLE 23: SKIN CARE PRODUCT MANUFACTURERS - MARKET SHARE BY VALUE IN 2014
- TABLE 24: WASHROOM PRODUCT MANUFACTURERS - MARKET SHARE BY VALUE IN 2014
- CHART 25: ESTIMATED % MIX OF DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY PRODUCTS BY VALUE - 2014 AT DSP (H&S SPECIALISTS, INDUSTRIAL DISTRIBUTORS, OTHER DISTRIBUTORS, INTERNET ETC)
- TABLE 26: UK HEALTH & SAFETY PRODUCTS -INDUSTRIAL DISTRIBUTORS AND HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALIST CHANNELS MARKET SHARES BY % VALUE IN 2014 AT DSP