Product Code: bld92
Introduction and Overview
The 3rd edition of the ‘Flat Roofing Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis’ reviews this market, which has changed and evolved in recent years with a greater share taken by the single ply sector and the report assesses these developments and considers the market prospects over the next few years. At 80 pages and with 30 charts & tables, this unique report provides an informed and up-to-date analysis of this market and includes a review of the recent market performance, influencing factors and forecasts over the next few years.
Key content covered:
- Market overview and forecasts by area installed to 2021 - analysis of the market including recent developments plus forecasts and market drivers.
- Analysis of key product groups - sector sizes, product mixes & trends and supply chains for waterproofing membranes & felts and insulation.
- Review of end use markets - area installed by sector e.g. dwellings, commercial and industrial and by application i.e. newbuild, refurbishment & RMI.
- Review of the flat roofing supply chain - sector structure, manufacturers & suppliers, merchants and contractors. Identification of leading companies in each key sector with market share estimates.
Key areas of insight include:
- Analysis of recent market performance 2015 and 2016, by volume and market size by value.
- Forecast of market size and trends - 2017 to 2021.
- Factors affecting the market and analysis of key market characteristics.
- Key product sector analysis - focus on waterproofing membranes, also review of insulation and vapour control layers. Market sector sizes, product mixes and profiles, influences and trends, distribution.
- Review of manufacturers and suppliers of waterproofing systems and insulation - company profiles, turnovers, market shares, etc.
- Review of distribution structure and key distributors e.g. roofing merchants, builders merchants, specialist distributors.
- Overview of flat roof contracting - sector structure and review of leading contractors.
Some of the companies included:
Acclaim Contracts, Alltype Roofing Supplies, Alumasc Roofing Systems, Avonside Roofing, Ayton Products, Axter, Bailey UK, Barclay Roofing, Bauder, Bracknell Roofing, Breyer Roofing, Briggs Amasco, Burton Roofing Merchants, Carlisle Construction Materials (CCM), CCF, Cellecta, Celotex, Central Roofing & Building Services, Chesterfelt, Ecotherm Insulation UK, EDS Roofing Supplies (Midlands), EJ Roberts Roofing, Encon, Everlast Waterproofing, Fatra, Fenland Flat Roofing, FK Group, Flachdach Technologie (FDT) GmbH & Co, Graham Roofing (Scotland), Hambleside Danelaw, Icopal, IKO, Interloc Building Solutions, International Construction Bureau, Jablite, Jennings Roofing, JJ Roofing Supplies, Kemper System, Kingspan Insulation, Knauf Insulation, Lakesmere, Langley Waterproofing Systems, M.A.C (Roofing & Contracting), Met-clad Contracts, Mitie Tilley Roofing, Paul Happe Contracts, Pittsburgh Corning (UK), Polyroof, Prater, Protan, Raven Roofing Supplies, Recticel Insulation, Renolit Waterproofing, Richardson Roofing, Rinus Roofing Supplies, Rio Group, Rockwool, Roofdec, Roofline Group, Rose Roofing, RS Miller Roofing, SIG Roofing Supplies, Sika, Skyline Roofing Centres, Soprema, Springvale EPS, Survey Roofing, Swift Roofing Contracts, The Garland Company, Tor Coatings, Tremco, Triflex (UK), Weatherproofing Advisors, Wensley Roofing, Western Counties Roofing, Xtratherm.
UK Flat Roofing Market Overview
- Flat roofing market - key characteristics of the market, analysis by area installed from 2012 to 2016.
- Key product groups reviewed - focus on waterproofing systems and insulation and coverage of vapour control layers and green roof systems.
- Market trends and key drivers - e.g. commercial & industrial newbuild and refurbishment, growth in housing extensions, trends in flats construction, increasing skills shortages, growth in 'green' roofing.
- Market forecasts - estimates for 2016 & prospects up to 2021 by volume/area, key factors influencing future prospects, areas of growth and decline.
Flat Roofing Products
- Waterproofing membranes - general market overview; market trends value 2012 -2016, forecasts to 2021 (where possible); product mix.
- Review of key product sectors - bitumen membranes, single ply membranes, liquid waterproofing (including GRP) and others (mastic asphalt). Market trends by volume and value 2012 -2016, forecasts to 2021, UK production & imports of bitumen membranes by value & volume, bitumen membranes product mix, single ply product mix, estimated manufacturers/suppliers market shares for each product group.
- Thermal insulation - by type by area installed; review of products within each sector including; annual trends in area installed and underpinning market factors: PIR boards, stone wool, XPS etc. Review of supply chains and key suppliers for each product sector.
- Other flat roofing elements - overview of use of other components e.g. vapour control layers.
Review of Flat Roofing Suppliers and End Use Applications
- Identification of key manufacturers of flat roofs waterproofing systems and insulation - market shares, turnovers, company profiles.
- Company profiles for 30+ manufacturers and suppliers of waterproofing systems and key insulation manufacturers.
- Overview of mix by application e.g. housing, commercial and industry by area installed.
- Review of end use sectors e.g. mix & trends in newbuild, refurbishment & RMI.
Overview of Flat Roofing Products Distribution and Contractors
- Overview of distribution mix for flat roofing products - review of the key suppliers e.g. roofing merchants and builders' merchants, specialist distributors, DIY stores. Estimates of shares.
- Overview of sector structure and review of the top 30+ flat roofing contractors in the sector.
Table of Contents
1. OBJECTIVES & METHODOLOGY
- 1.1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 2.1. MARKET BACKGROUND
- 2.2. MARKET PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. UK MARKET OVERVIEW FOR FLAT ROOFING SYSTEMS
- 4.1. DEFINITION
- 4.2. MARKET SIZE AND RECENT DEVELOPMENTS
- 4.2.1. Market Background
- 4.2.2. Market Prospects
- 4.3. KEY MARKET DRIVERS
- 4.3.1. General Construction Activity
- 4.3.2. Flats Construction
- 4.3.3. Housing RMI
- 4.3.4. 'Green' Roofs
- 4.3.5. Skills Shortages
5. FLAT ROOFING PRODUCTS
- 5.1. OVERVIEW
- 5.2. FLAT ROOF WATERPROOFING MEMBRANES
- 5.2.1. UK Market Overview
- 5.2.2. Built Up Roofing (BUR) Systems and Single Layer Felts
- 5.2.3. Single Ply Membranes
- 5.2.4. GRP & Other Liquid Roofing Systems
- 5.2.5. Other Systems
- 5.3. INSULATION
- 5.3.1. Definition
- 5.3.2. Market Size by Area Installed and by Value
- 5.3.3. Product Mix
- 5.4. OTHER FLAT ROOF COMPONENTS
- 5.4.1. Vapour Control Layers
- 5.4.2. Decking
6. END USE APPLICATIONS
- 6.1. OVERVIEW
- 6.2. NON-HOUSING
- 6.3. HOUSING
- 7.1. WATERPROOFING MEMBRANES
- 7.1.1. UK Based Manufacturers
- 7.1.2. UK Sales / Distribution Subsidiaries
- 7.1.3. Third Party Suppliers
- 7.1.4. European Companies Supplying Direct
- 7.2. INSULATION
- 8.1. DISTRIBUTION OVERVIEW
- 8.2. KEY DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS
- 8.2.1. Roofing Merchants
- 8.2.2. Other Specialist Distributors
- 8.2.3. Builders Merchants
- 8.2.4. Direct Supply
9. FLAT ROOFING CONTRACTING
- 9.1. STRUCTURE
- 9.2. LEADING ROOFING CONTRACTORS
Tables & Charts
- TABLE 1: UK MARKET FOR FLAT ROOFING SYSTEMS BY AREA OF WATERPROOFING MEMBRANES INSTALLED 2012 -2021
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2013-2016 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2021
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2021
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2012-2019 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- CHART 6: UK MARKET FOR FLAT ROOFING SYSTEMS BY AREA OF WATERPROOFING MEMBRANES INSTALLED (MILLION M2) 2012-21
- CHART 7: UK MARKET FOR FLAT ROOFING PRODUCTS BY VALUE (MEMBRANES, INSULATION, VCLS) TOTAL £485M MSP 2016
- CHART 8: CONSTRUCTION SECTOR - NEW WORK AND RMI OUTPUT AND NEW ORDERS 2006 TO 2015 - BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES)
- CHART 9: VALUE OF NON-HOUSING NEW WORK OUTPUT BY SECTOR % MIX BY VALUE 2015 AND 2016 TO Q3
- CHART 10: HOUSING COMPLETIONS IN ENGLAND BY MIX OF HOUSES & FLATS 2008/09 TO 2015/16 AND FORECASTS TO 2019/2020
- CHART 11: RMI HOUSING OUTPUT AND FORECASTS 2011-2020 - BY VALUE (£M AT CURRENT PRICES)
- TABLE 12: HOUSING RMI REGIONAL ANALYSIS (GB) BY VALUE (£M) AND % BY REGION 2013 - 2015
- TABLE 13: UK MARKET FOR FLAT ROOF WATERPROOFING MEMBRANES £M MSP 2012-2021
- CHART 14: UK FLAT ROOF WATERPROOFING MEMBRANES MIX BY AREA INSTALLED 2016
- CHART 15: UK MARKET FOR FLAT ROOFING MEMBRANES BY VALUE (TOTAL £273M MSP) 2016
- CHART 16: UK FLAT ROOF MARKET FOR BITUMINOUS MEMBRANES BY AREA INSTALLED (MILLION M2) 2012 -2020
- CHART 17: UK PRODUCTION OF BITUMINOUS MEMBRANES BY VALUE (£ MILLION) AND BY VOLUME (MILLION M2) 2012 -2016
- CHART 18: UK IMPORTS OF BITUMINOUS MEMBRANES VALUE (£ MILLION) AND BY VOLUME (MILLION M2) 2012 -2016
- CHART 19: UK INSTALLATION OF BITUMINOUS MEMBRANES ON FLAT ROOFS BY AREA BY METHOD OF APPLICATION 2016
- TABLE 20: MANUFACTURERS UK MARKET SHARES BY VOLUME OF BITUMINOUS MEMBRANES SUPPLIED 2016
- TABLE 21: ROLLED BITUMEN PRODUCTS - IMPORTS BY COUNTRY, VOLUME AND VALUE 2014, 2015 AND 2016
- TABLE 22: MAIN SUPPLIERS OF BITUMEN MEMBRANES & FELTS BY COUNTRY OF ORIGIN AND UK DISTRIBUTORS
- CHART 23: UK MARKET FOR SINGLE PLY MEMBRANES BY AREA INSTALLED (MILLION M2) 2012 -2020
- CHART 24: UK MARKET FOR SINGLE PLY MEMBRANES BY VALUE £M MSP 2012 -2020
- CHART 25: UK MARKET FOR SINGLE PLY MEMBRANES BY MATERIAL TYPE BY APPROXIMATE AREA INSTALLED 2016
- TABLE 26: MANUFACTURERS, KEY BRANDS AND UK DISTRIBUTORS OF SINGLE PLY MEMBRANES
- CHART 27: UK - MANUFACTURERS ESTIMATED SHARES OF THE UK MARKET FOR SINGLE PLY MEMBRANES BY VALUE 2016
- TABLE 28: MANUFACTURERS, KEY BRANDS AND UK DISTRIBUTORS OF LIQUID WATERPROOFING SYSTEMS
- CHART 29: UK FLAT ROOF MARKET FOR INSULATION BY PRODUCT TYPE (PIR, STONEWOOL, XPS ETC) BY AVERAGE ANNUAL AREA INSTALLED 2016
- CHART 30: UK FLAT ROOFING MARKET - TYPICAL % END USE MIX BY END USE MARKETS (COMMERCIAL, HOUSING, INDUSTRY) BY AREA INSTALLED 2016
- TABLE 31: UK ESTIMATED MARKET SHARES FOR FLAT ROOF INSULATION BY VALUE
- CHART 32: OVERVIEW OF DISTRIBUTION OF FLAT ROOFING SYSTEMS
- CHART 33: TYPICAL OVERALL DISTRIBUTION MIX FOR FLAT ROOFING PRODUCTS BY VALUE
- TABLE 34: MIX OF ROOFING CONTRACTORS BY NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES