INTRODUCTION and OVERVIEW
AMA Research have published the 3rd edition of the report ‘Flat Roofing Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis’, which provides an informed and up-to-date analysis of the flat roofing market and includes a review of the recent market performance, influencing factors and forecasts until 2019.
Key issues analysed include:
- Market overview and forecasts by area installed to 2019 - analysis of the market including recent developments plus forecasts and market drivers.
- Analysis of key product groups - sector sizes, product mixes & trends and supply chains for waterproofing membranes & felts and insulation.
- Review of end use markets - area installed by sector e.g. dwellings, commercial and industrial and by application i.e. newbuild, refurbishment & RMI.
- Review of the flat roofing supply chain - sector structure; manufacturers & suppliers, merchants and contractors. Identification of leading companies in each key sector with market share estimates.
Areas of insight include:
- Analysis of recent market performance 2013 and 2014, by volume and market size by value.
- Forecast of market size and trends - 2015 to 2019.
- Factors affecting the market and analysis of key market characteristics.
- Key product sector analysis - focus on waterproofing membranes, also review of insulation and vapour control layers. Market sector sizes, product mixes and profiles, influences and trends, distribution.
- Review of manufacturers and suppliers of waterproofing and insulation - company profiles, turnovers, market shares, etc.
- Review of distribution structure and key distributors e.g. roofing merchants, builders merchants, specialist distributors
- Overview of flat roof contracting - sector structure and review of leading contractors.
Key areas covered in the report include:
UK FLAT ROOFING MARKET OVERVIEW
- Flat roofing market - key characteristics of the market, analysis by area installed from 2010 to 2014
- Key product groups reviewed - focus on waterproofing membranes & felts and insulation and coverage of vapour control layers and green roof systems.
- Market trends and major factors influencing market development - e.g. commercial & industrial newbuild and refurbishment, UK flats stock levels, flats construction, skills shortages, impact of Part L 2013 changes
- Market forecasts - estimates for 2015 & prospects up to 2019 by volume/area, key factors influencing future prospects, areas of growth and decline e.g. Part L 2013.
- Imports of bitumen felt by country.
FLAT ROOFING SYSTEM ELEMENTS
- Review of waterproofing membranes - by type by area installed; review of products within each sector including; annual trends in area installed and underpinning market factors: bitumen membranes, single ply membranes, liquid waterproofing and others (mastic asphalt and GRP).
- Review of supply chains and key suppliers for each product sector with a focus on imports.
- Review of thermal insulation sector - by type by area installed; review of products within each sector including; annual trends in area installed and underpinning market factors: PIR boards, stone wool, XPS etc. Review of supply chains and key suppliers for each product sector.
- Other flat roofing elements - overview of use of other components e.g. vapour control layers.
END USE APPLICATIONS
- Overview of mix by application e.g. housing, commercial and industry by area installed.
- Review of each end user sector e.g. mix & trends in newbuild, refurbishment & RM
- Home extensions, review of opportunities.
SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION REVIEW
- Identification of key manufacturers of membranes and insulation - market shares estimated for each, turnovers, company structure, key areas of specialization etc.
- Supplier reviews for 30+ manufacturers and suppliers of membranes and top 8 for insulation. Particular focus on importers.
- Overview of distribution mix for flat roofing products - review of the key suppliers e.g. roofing merchants and builders' merchants, specialist distributors, DIY stores. Estimates of shares.
FLAT ROOFING CONTRACTOR OVERVIEW
- Overview of sector structure and review of the top 30 flat roofing contractors in the sector.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. KEY ECONOMIC INFLUENCES
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION AND INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING AND CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. THE UK FLAT ROOFING MARKET
- 4.1. DEFINITION
- 4.2. FLAT ROOFING MARKET SIZE AND GENERAL TRENDS
- 4.3. KEY MARKET DRIVERS
- 4.3.1. General Construction Activity
- 4.3.2. Flats Stock Levels
- 4.3.3. Flats Construction Trends
- 4.3.4. Skills Shortages
- 4.3.5. Changes to Part L
5. FLAT ROOFING ELEMENTS
- 5.1. DEFINITION
- 5.2. FLAT ROOF WATERPROOFING MEMBRANES
- 5.2.1. Overview
- 5.2.2. Bitumen Membranes and Felts
- 5.2.3. Single Ply Membranes
- 5.2.4. Liquid Waterproofing/Roofing Systems
- 5.2.5. Other Systems
- 5.3. INSULATION
- 5.3.1. Definition
- 5.3.2. Market Size by Area Installed
- 5.3.3. Product Mix
- 5.4. OTHER FLAT ROOF COMPONENTS
- 5.4.1. Vapour Control Layers
- 5.4.2. Decking
6. END USE APPLICATIONS
- 6.1. OVERVIEW
- 6.2. NON-HOUSING SECTOR
- 6.3. DOMESTIC
- 7.1. ROOF MEMBRANES
- 7.1.1. Overview
- 7.1.2. UK Based Manufacture
- 7.1.3. UK Sales / Distribution Subsidiaries
- 7.2. INSULATION
- 7.3. GREEN ROOFING SYSTEMS
- 8.1. DISTRIBUTION OVERVIEW
- 8.2. KEY DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS
- 8.2.1. Roofing Merchants
- 8.2.2. Other Specialist Distributors
- 8.2.3. Builders' Merchants
- 8.2.4. Direct Supply
9. FLAT ROOFING CONTRACTING
- 9.1. STRUCTURE
- 9.2. LEADING FLAT ROOFING CONTRACTORS
LIST OF TABLES & CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK FLAT ROOFING MARKET FOR WATERPROOFING MEMBRANES BY AREA INSTALLED (MILLION M2) 2010 -2019
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2012-2014 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2019
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2019
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2009-2015 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- CHART 6: UK FLAT ROOFING MARKET BY AREA OF WATERPROOFING MEMBRANES FITTED (MILLION M2) 2010 -2019
- CHART 7: CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT (GREAT BRITAIN) NEW WORK & RMI - CURRENT PRICES (£BN) 2010-2019
- CHART 8: UK HOUSING COMPLETIONS - (‘000 DWELLINGS) 2009 - 2019
- CHART 9: NON-HOUSING CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK BY END-USE SECTOR BY VALUE 2014
- TABLE 10: STOCK OF FLATS IN UK, ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND 2013
- CHART 11: NUMBER OF FLATS BUILT IN ENGLAND (‘000S) 2007/08 -2013/14
- TABLE 12: UK ROOFING CONTRACTING INDUSTRY -NUMBER OF FIRMS AND TRADESMEN
- CHART 13: UK'S FLAT ROOFING MARKET PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE
- CHART 14: UK FLAT ROOFING MARKET FOR WATERPROOFING MEMBRANES BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2010-2019
- CHART 15: UK MARKET FOR FLAT ROOF WATERPROOFING BY AREA INSTALLED 2014
- CHART 16: UK FLAT ROOF MARKET FOR BITUMEN MEMBRANES & FELTS BY AREA INSTALLED (MILLION M2) 2010 - 2019
- CHART 17: UK FLAT ROOFING MARKET FOR BITUMEN MEMBRANES AND FELTS BY FIXING METHOD BY AREA 2014
- TABLE 18: LEADING MANUFACTURERS, SUPPLIERS AND BRANDS OF BITUMEN MEMBRANES IN THE UK
- TABLE 19: IMPORTS OF BITUMEN FELTS BY COUNTRY, VOLUME AND VALUE 2013.
- TABLE 20: OVERSEAS MANUFACTURERS AND THEIR UK SUPPLIERS OF BITUMEN MEMBRANES AND FELTS
- CHART 21: UK FLAT ROOFING MARKET FOR SINGLE PLY MEMBRANES BY AREA INSTALLED (MILLION M2) 2010 -2019
- CHART 22: UK FLAT ROOF MARKET FOR SINGLE PLY MEMBRANES BY MATERIAL TYPE BY APPROXIMATE AREA INSTALLED.
- TABLE 23: MANUFACTURERS AND SUPPLIERS OF SINGLE PLY MEMBRANES TO THE UK
- TABLE 24: MANUFACTURERS AND SUPPLIERS OF LIQUID FLAT ROOFING SYSTEMS IN THE UK
- CHART 25: UK FLAT ROOF MARKET FOR INSULATION BY PRODUCT TYPE (PIR, STONEWOOL, XPS ETC) BY AVERAGE ANNUAL AREA INSTALLED
- CHART 26: UK FLAT ROOFING MARKET - TYPICAL % END USE MIX BY END USE MARKETS (COMMERCIAL, HOUSING, INDUSTRY) BY AREA INSTALLED EACH YEAR
- CHART 27: UK FLAT ROOFING MARKET - AVERAGE ANNUAL APPLICATION MIX (NEW BUILD, RE-ROOFING, EXTENSIONS) BY % AREA OF WATERPROOFING MEMBRANES INSTALLED
- CHART 28: UK COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL BUILDING STOCK % BY AGE BAND
- CHART 29: UK NON-DOMESTIC MARKET FOR FLAT ROOFING - AVERAGE ANNUAL APPLICATION MIX (NEWBUILD, RE-ROOFING) BY AREA OF WATERPROOFING INSTALLED
- CHART 30: UK DOMESTIC FLAT ROOFING MARKET - AVERAGE ANNUAL APPLICATION MIX (NEW BUILD, RE-ROOFING, EXTENSIONS) BY % AREA
- TABLE 31 : MIX OF HOUSEHOLDER DEVELOPMENTS BY TYPE OF PROJECT (VOLUME - EXTENSIONS, ROOFING, H&V, ETC) 2013
- TABLE 32: UK MARKET SHARES FOR FLAT ROOFING MEMBRANES SUPPLIERS BY VALUE
- TABLE 33: UK ESTIMATED MARKET SHARES FOR FLAT ROOF INSULATION BY VALUE
- CHART 34: OVERVIEW OF DISTRIBUTION OF FLAT ROOFING SYSTEMS
- CHART 35: TYPICAL OVERALL DISTRIBUTION MIX FOR FLAT ROOFING PRODUCTS BY VALUE
- TABLE 36: UK ROOF CONTRACTING INDUSTRY - BREAKDOWN BY EMPLOYEE SIZE BANDS AND TURNOVER AT Q3 2013
- TABLE 37: ENTERPRISES INVOLVED IN ROOFING ACTIVITIES REGISTERED FOR VAT BY EMPLOYMENT SIZE BAND 2014