Product Code: AN-5122
- Optimize a 5G strategy for MSPs to approach enterprise verticals.
- Identify business opportunities for MSPs and network infrastructure vendors in Industrial Manufacturing.
- Identify clear operational benefits (production enhancements) for manufacturers when deploying 5G connectivity on the factory floor.
Critical Questions Answered
- How Will the Focus on Enterprise Verticals Change the 5G value chain & what does that mean for network operators & infrastructure vendors?
- What Should MSPs and network infrastructure vendors do to address industrial manufacturers?
- Which benefits will 5G connectivity on the factory floor offer to factory operators?
- A Global Forecast of the revenue and the number of 5G connections on the factory floor.
- Detailed understanding of 5G Use Cases in the Industrial domain and the requirements for each of these use case.
- Thorough Analysis of different options of 5G deployment on the factory floor and the implementations for network operators as well as manufacturers (as the implementing company).
Who Should Read This?
- Senior managers within network operators, that need to develop a business strategy for targeting enterprise verticals.
- Planners from network infrastructure vendors to understand what technical capabilities is needed from network infrastructure to support industrial use cases.
- Decision-makers within Industrial Manufacturers looking into different possibilities to deploy 5G.
Table of Contents
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2. KEY RECOMMENDATIONS
- 2.1. Mobile Network Operators
- 2.2. Network Infrastructure Vendors
- 2.3. Manufacturers
3. NETWORKING TECHNOLOGIES USED IN MANUFACTURING
- 3.1. Current Connectivity Technologies in Industrial Manufacturing
- 3.2. Cellular Standards Update
- 3.3. The Role of 5G in Industry 4.0
- 3.4. Networking Requirements in Industrial Manufacturing
4. MARKET ACTIVITIES AND BUSINESS MODELS
- 4.1. Vendor Activities and Business Models
- 4.2. Operator Activities and Business Models
- 4.3. Manufacturer Activities
5. EARLY DEPLOYMENT PROJECTS
- 5.1. Mercedes-Benz Factory 56
- 5.2. Haier Factory in China
- 5.3. Bosch Factory of the Future
- 5.4. Osram Factory in Schabmünchen
- 5.5. Kankberg Mine in Sweden
6. MARKET FORECAST
- 6.1. Methodology and Assumptions
7. CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- 7.1. Continous Dialogue to Account for the Changing 5G Value Chain
- 7.2. Importance of Flexible Business and Pricing Models
- 7.3. 5G Implementation as the Last Step toward Factory Automation
Balluff Beckhoff Automation Boliden Bosch China Telecom Deutsche Telekom Ericsson Haier Heidelberger Druckmaschinen Huawei Ingersoll-Rand Mercedes-Benz Nokia O2 Osram Qualcomm Rockwell Automation Siemens Telefonica ZTE