The Colocation Pricing Service provides in-depth pricing data and expert
analysis for 20 major colocation markets around the world. All data are
updated twice annually.
- Prices charged for colocation space and power by operators in 20 cities
- Pre-defined charting tools allow easy comparisons of rental charges per
unit of power and space, cross-connect charges, cabinet installation rates,
and total monthly cost
- Semi-annual written summary of findings provides market trend analysis and
- Subscriptions include analyst time for guidance on colocation pricing data
Colocation Pricing Workbook
Colocation pricing data are delivered in an Excel workbook that converts
prices from local currencies into USD. The workbook contains the full
colocation pricing data set, and provides the following pre-defined charting
tools and comparisons for easy analysis:
- Comparisons of price per kilowatt and price per square foot for colocation
space by metro area and provider
- Comparisons of cross-connect connectivity prices by metro area and provider
- Comparisons of cabinet installation rates by metro area and provider
- Comparisons of the combined total cost of power, space, connectivity, and
cabinet installation by metro area and provider
Colocation Pricing Summary
Subscribers receive a semi-annual written summary of colocation pricing trends
and market expectations. Topics include:
- Comparisons of price ranges by metro area
- Comparisons of total monthly cost by metro area
- Forecasts of near-term price change expectations by metro area
- The relationship between colocation pricing and capacity trends
Pricing data cover 20 major cities in North America, Europe, Latin America,
and Asia. A full list of cities is available as an Excel download (see
TeleGeography's colocation pricing data include:
- Price per kilowatt: Price per kilowatt for a retail stand-alone
colocation cabinet at both 2 kw and 4 kw density levels.
- Price per square foot: Price per square foot for a retail
stand-alone colocation cabinet at both 2 kw and 4 kw density levels.
- Connectivity: Price per month for fiber, Ethernet, and copper
- Cabinet installation: One-time installation cost of a cabinet.
- Total cost: The combined monthly cost of power, space,
connectivity, and cabinet installation.
Table of Contents
- All Data
- The full set of operator-reported data in USD. Each operator is denoted
by an anonymous three-letter tag. Use this tab to review the full data set
and compare prices between operators.
Colocation Pricing Charts
All charts in the following tabs compare individual operator responses by
- Price per Kilowatt Comparison Charts
- Price per kilowatt broken out by metro area. Figures compare per
kilowatt cost of a cabinet rental at both 2 kilowatt and 4 kilowatt density
- Price per Square Foot Comparison Charts
- Price per square foot broken out by metro area. Figures compare per
square foot cost of a cabinet rental at both 2 kilowatt and 4 kilowatt
- Connectivity Price Comparison Charts
- Price for cross-connects broken out by metro area. Figures compare
monthly cost of fiber, Ethernet, and copper cross-connects.
- Cabinet Installation Price Comparison Charts
- Price for cabinet installation broken out by metro area. Figures compare
one-time cost of installing a cabinet.
- Total Cost of Ownership Comparison Charts
- TCO broken out by metro area. Figures compare per month TCO for a
two-year cabinet rental at the 4-kilowatt density level with one
cross-connect and the cost of cabinet installation spread over 24 months.