This service tracks Online Dieter behavior and demographics on a quarterly basis.
BestDietForMe.com, a website operated by Marketdata Enterprises (a leading analyst of the weight loss market) provides a real-time data collection vehicle for ad agencies, diet websites and others selling to dieters. Visitors to BestDietForMe.com fill out an in-depth 50-question dieting survey.
Now companies can keep up with real-time shifting dieter preferences and trends without spending a fortune on syndicated research panels.
The 2nd quarter report was based on a sample of 14,800 online dieters. It compares metrics to the 1st quarter sample (19,300), noting shifts as the "diet season" matured.
This quarterly report tracks 115 measures:
- age (5 categories)
- BMI (body mass index (separately for 5 categories, 18.5-40+)
- Percent opting in for special offers from diet companies
- Percent leaving name and mailing address
- Pregnant or nursing percentage
- Medical conditions, percent indicating at least one
- Their diet budget (separately for 6 categories: under $250 to $3,000+)
- Preferred weight loss program location (separately for 8 locations: home, weight loss center, hospital, worksite, health club, healthcare pros office, residential facility, celebrity program)
- Interest in weight loss (bariatric) surgery - percent
- Interest in home delivery of diet food - percent
- Preferred diet counselor format (separately for: self-directed, 1-to-1, small group, large group)
- Type food plan desired (separately for: grocery store food, pre-packaged diet co. food, meal
- replacements, liquid supplements)
- Percent interested only in diet plans with pre-planned daily menus
- Special food needs, allergies, food sensitivities - percent with
- Readiness to begin a diet program (immediately-6 months)
- Previous types of diet plans used (percent by 18 types)
- Exercise preferences (separately for: online coaching, personal trainer, on-site classes, etc.)
- Psychological support needs: percent identified by BestDietForMe.com analysis as needing: emotional eating support, stimulus control, social eating skills support
- Discussion and analysis of the online dieting market: nature, market size.
- List of the top diet websites.
- Latest Alexa traffic rankings of the top diet websites.
- Forecasts and early identification of key trends.
- Latest results of surveys of online dieters by diet companies and others.
- U.S. Weight Loss Market Overview: The cost of obesity, summary of major developments/trends of last 2 yrs., dieter demographics, reasons for increased obesity rate, most popular dieting methods, dollar size of market and its 9 segments (2002-2005, 2008 forecast, short/long-term outlooks)., sales of leaders, outlooks for: commercial programs, medical programs (MDs, bariatric surgery, RDs, Rx diet drugs, hospital programs, VLCD plans), rankings of top competitors, status of diet websites, multi-level mktg. plans, meal replacements & appetite suppressants mkt., diet soft drinks & artificial sweeteners, diet/low-carb foods market.