The Mobile Handsets & Devices channel provides in-depth analysis of mobile
device trends and market segmentation, analysing their impact on future
generation wireless networks. It also includes a detailed evaluation of the
key challenges across the value chain and a comprehensive analysis of global
markets and technology evolution. The service tracks a wide range of market
KPIs and provides five-year device forecasts for all global markets.
- “Mystery shopper” - exposing the retail experience
- Emerging markets analysis: the strength of the local brand
- Winners and losers of the patent war & role of regulators
- Mobile operator branded smartphones and tablets: still a viable business
- Why devices matter for Internet giants and global retailers?
- Market opportunities for “affordable” devices
- Changing of the guard? Strategic analysis and SWOTs of major OEMs
- Mobile device segmentation by technology, price point, tier, and usability
- Evaluating the business case for LTE spectrum refarming & vendors' LTE
- The trend towards verticalisation of mobile ecosystems: opportunities and
- Windows (Phone) 8 ecosystem, has Microsoft got it right this time?
- The mobile industry beyond the iOS/iPhone era
- Best practice in promoting technology and performance to consumers
- Mobile chipset market, is there a place for Intel?, and what Qualcomm is
doing to maintain its leadership?
- Device subsidies and financing: strategies across various product segments
and price points
- Business case for low-cost smartphones
- iPhone database
- iPhone operator KPIs, iPhone and iPad sales, pricing and availability
- Mobile tablet forecasts
- Tablet forecasts by country, region, OS and connectivity
- Smartphone users
- Smartphone user forecasts by country, region and operating system
- Multiplay readiness forecasting tool
- Track the potential for multiplay bundles in 46 of the world's
most-populated countries. Compare forecasts for users and households
subscribed to portable broadband and fixed broadband services, mobile
handset and digital pay-TV, including dual- and triple-play services.
- Handset sales volumes and subscriber forecasts
- Forecasts for handset sales volumes and subscriber numbers with filters
enabling segmentation and analysis of the data by region/country, cellular
network technologies and feature segments. The segments detailed are basic
voice and data, low-feature and feature-rich, with further analysis by
- Mobile smartphone and OS forecasts
- Smartphone sales volume forecasts, filtered by operating systems (Oss)
(e.g. Symbian, Microsoft and Android) and by region. Forecasts are also
provided for smartphone data usage, filtered by region and OS, and for
smartphone penetration of total handset sales. Forecasts for eight major
country markets - US, Canada, Brazil, Japan, China, South Korea, India and
Russia - are also included.
- WiMAX market forecasts
- Global WiMAX market forecasts for subscribers and device sales. Filter
by region, country and device type.
- Mobile broadband device forecasts
- Forecasts for mobile broadband subscribers and device sales volumes,
segemented by region and device type, including mobile handsets and
smartphones, smartbooks, e-readers, tablet PCs, USB dongles, netbooks and
- Mobile devices market size and segmentation forecasts
- Forecasts for subscriber numbers and handset sales volumes, with filters
by region/country, cellular network technologies and feature segments.
Segments include basic voice and data, low feature and feature rich, with
further analysis by advanced OS, i.e. smartphone.
- Customer Experience Management World Congress
- Multi-Screen Video Summit
- Smart Devices and Mobile User Management