The Broadband & Internet Intelligence Centre provides in-depth coverage of the
strategic, regulatory, consumer and technological trends defining the market
for fixed broadband, digital media and the connected home and tracks KPIs for
- Vapourware or storm-bringer? Consumer-cloud realities
- OTT economics: CDN strategies for content providers
- Internet infrastructure in emerging markets: the role of OTT players
- Net-neutrality: Real-world strategies and future outcomes
- Understanding connected consumers: Social media analytics
- Connecting Africa: Opportunities for global carriers
- Back from the brink: Digital music in 2013
- The impact of 4G mobile broadband on consumer behaviour
- Operator-CDN strategies: Enabling and enhancing own-brand services
- Beyond video: Targeting new segments with operator-CDN services
- Beyond the network: Operator strategies for digital-services success
- Superfast-broadband strategies: Marketing fiber and 4G
- Multiplay futures: Next-generation bundling strategies for operators
- Identifying online-advertising opportunities worldwide
- Video games in 2013: Beyond the console and in the cloud
- Delivering good News: New platforms, new revenue streams
- Digital media development index
- Compiled from public domain sources, including vendor websites, news
sites and reference lists. Updated quarterly.
- Public WLAN hotspots
- Public WLAN hotspots listed by region, country and operator, along with
charts and graphs analysing country and regional totals.
- Telecoms Operator Content delivery network services
- Content delivery network (CDN) initiatives from telecoms operators, by
operator, service name, type of operator, home market, target market, market
entry, partners/acquisitions, and investment.
- Digital content finance index
- Track the digital content revenues of some of the largest and most
prominent companies in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Updated
- Connected home scorecard
- Score the relative prospects for success of the key players in the
connected home. The scorecard is based on 28 key factors that will determine
the success of each device, the home networking technologies scorecard
features 13 factors.
- Conditional access systems contracts
- Contains over 400 conditional access systems (CAS) vendor contracts in
over 90 countries, organized by region, country, operator and TV platform.
- Internet-enabled devices and corresponding services
- Tracks announced Internet-enabled devices and the content services they
provide access to, by manufacturer, service name, announced video services,
other Internet applications and geographic availability.
- OTT and video online tracker
- Tracks users and usage for the largest online video and VoD services
around the world.
- Connected device forecasts
- Connected device forecasts for sales and install base.
- Multiplay readiness forecasting tool
- Track the potential for multiplay bundles in 46 of the world's
most-populated countries, by enabling users to compare forecasts for users
and households subscribed to portable broadband and fixed broadband
services, mobile handset and digital pay-TV, including dual- and triple-play
- Internet services and traffic interactive forecasting tool
- View and chart the entire output of Informa Telecoms and Media's
Internet traffic forecasts. Choose unique combinations of services,
geographic regions and output metrics for display. In total, 20 services are
forecast, across 13 markets and 8 regions. The tool also contains three
scenarios (Core, Conservative & Aggressive) to help you understand the level
of risk that exists within this dynamic area.
- Cord cutting households
- Cord-cutting refers to pay TV subscribing households that cancel/lapse
their pay TV subscription, driven by an intention to use their broadband
connection to view OTT as an alternative to pay TV.
- Multiscreen readiness index
- Track the potential for multiscreen services in 46 of the world's
most-populated countries. The services arw based on forecasts for three key
forms of service delivery to mobile, PC, and TV screens: mobile broadband,
fixed broadband and pay TV.
- IPTV forecasts
- Fixed-voice, broadband subscription forecasts
- Cable Congress
- TV Connect (Formerly IP&TV World Forum)
- SDN World 2013
- Digital Services World Congress
- Mobile Video Global Summit 2013
- Carrier Ethernet Americas 2013
- Digital TV Central & Eastern Europe
- TV Connect Latin America 2013
- Data Center Fabrics 2013
- Ethernet World 2013
- IPV6 World Congress
- Broadband Latin America 2013
- TVXperience 2013
- OTT TV World Summit
- Broadband & TV Connect Asia 2013