Analysys Mason's Telecoms Software Markets research stream provides market share and forecast data, as well as in-depth analysis of trends in the global telecoms software market. Service Fulfilment is one of the programmes in this research stream. It covers systems used by communications service providers (CSPs) for configuring networks and the services that run on those networks. A CSP's service fulfilment and assurance systems constitute its operations support systems (OSS). We analyse the successes and failures of leading CSPs, compare leading software and solution suppliers, and identify the primary factors contributing to investments in this market segment.
Our industry analysts will help you to:
- understand the positioning of products and vendors in the service fulfilment market
- make informed business decisions on the strategic direction of your company
- establish a clear position for your investments in technologies and services.
Some of the issues we address include:
- how convergent services lead to new service fulfilment deployments
- how software and hardware vendors will be providing SON features
- how CSPs are supporting more-complex mobile and broadband networks.
The service in detail
For a typical 12-month subscription, our clients can expect the following.
- Market share report: provides analysis of the service fulfilment segment overall, based on continuous briefings and market analysis. It includes market shares of leading vendors, vendor comparisons, market definitions and recommendations.
- Market forecast report: provides analysis of the service fulfilment segment overall, based on continuous briefings and market analysis. It includes five-year market forecasts for major service fulfilment sub-segments, analysis of the business environment, an examination of market drivers, and recommendations for clients.
- Strategic report: a comprehensive overview of the latest strategic approaches to service fulfilment.
- Viewpoint report: covers a specific area in telecoms software or a new market opportunity relevant to our clients. It includes a market definition, analysis of the topic's importance and potential impact on the client, and a prediction of market development in the next three years.
- Comments: include concrete examples of specific company approaches as well as pertinent commentary on trends and developments.
- Company profiles: include financial data, details of main products and key customers, an analysis of market position and of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Access to experts: unmetered access to our subject matter experts and thought leaders for additional insight and opinion, providing practical advice in answer to ad hoc questions relating to our research.
Telecoms software market segments
Service fulfilment sub-segments explained
- Order management systems orchestrate the steps needed to implement customer orders. They handle interdependencies, requests to other CSPs and content providers, and manual work orders.
- Inventory management systems track the inventory available to supply services in the network, assign resources and design network connections. They discover network configurations and reconcile them with inventory records.
- Activation systems automatically configure network equipment and network-serving systems to provide a subscriber-requested service.
- Engineering systems refers to the myriad systems that support engineers who plan, design, install and configure networks and services, including planning and design tools, outside plant and geographical information systems, and network installation and configuration tools.