Analysys Mason's Telecoms Software research stream provides market share and forecast data, as well as in-depth analysis of trends in the global telecoms software market. Service Delivery Platforms is one of the programmes in this research stream. It covers the software systems used by communications service providers (CSPs) for service creation, orchestration and execution, policy management, and content management. We analyse the successes and failures of leading CSPs, compare leading software and solution suppliers, and identify the primary factors contributing to investments in this market segment.
Our industry analysts will help you to:
- identify the key drivers for CSP spending on service delivery platforms (SDPs)
- understand the role of IT platforms, middleware and systems integration in delivering SDP solutions
- understand the need for open, standard APIs between SDP and OSS, BSS, and third-party developers and development environments
- examine the underlying reasons for the phenomenal growth in spending on SDP solutions, and the competitive landscape of key SDP suppliers worldwide.
Some of the issues we address include:
- the evolving telecoms value chain and its impact on CSPs' service layer strategy, including replacement and enhancement of the legacy service layer
- CSPs' service exposure and network API opportunity: which strategies make sense?
- the competitive impact of 'over the top' content and services on CSP strategies
- differentiated services and other policy-based approaches to yield management
- the opportunities for CSPs in a growing and fragmented application-driven digital economy environment.
The service in detail
For a typical 12-month subscription, our clients can expect:
- Market share report: provides analysis of the service delivery platform (SDP) segment overall, based on continuous briefings and market analysis. It includes market shares of leading vendors, vendor comparisons, market definitions and recommendations.
- Market forecast report: provides analysis of the SDP segment overall, based on continuous briefings and market analysis. It includes five-year market forecasts for major SDP sub-segments, analysis of the business environment, an examination of market drivers, and recommendations for clients.
- Strategic report: a comprehensive overview of the latest strategic approaches to service delivery platforms.
- Viewpoint report: covers a specific area in telecoms software or a new market opportunity relevant to our clients. It includes a market definition, analysis of the topic's importance and potential impact on the client, and a prediction of market development in the next three years.
- Comments: include concrete examples of specific company approaches as well as pertinent commentary on trends and developments.
- Company profiles: include financial data, details of main products and key customers, an analysis of market position and of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Access to experts: unmetered access to our subject matter experts and thought leaders for additional insight and opinion, providing practical advice in answer to ad hoc questions relating to our research.
Telecoms software market segments
Service delivery platform sub-segments explained
- Content management systems support the lifecycle of digital media from the collection of content from the content provider to its delivery to the end customer.
- Telecoms application servers support telecoms service creation, execution and exposure, and network interfaces for call control, messaging, location, presence and other telecoms services. They are at the core of creating and executing real-time, session-based services.
- Policy management is the practice of applying traffic management techniques using rules based on subscriber profiles.
- Subscriber data management systems support real-time and near real-time access to subscriber data to enable the execution of services.