Analysys Mason's Telecoms Software research stream provides market share and forecast data, as well as in-depth analysis of trends in the global telecoms software market. Customer Care is one of the programmes in this research stream.
The programme covers software systems used by communications services providers (CSPs) to target prospective customers, respond optimally to customer service issues, provide an exceptional customer sales experience in all channels, rapidly introduce new services and maintain an overall view of how the business is running, while monitoring the customer experience. A CSP's customer care and revenue management systems constitute its business support systems (BSS).
Our industry analysts will help you to:
- understand the positioning of products and vendors in the customer care market
- make informed business decisions on the strategic direction of your company
- establish a clear position for your investments in technologies and services.
Some of the issues we address include:
- how leading multi-play CSPs are transforming to a ‘one-company' face to their customers - or not
- how self-service is evolving into customer control as CSPs' customer care and CEM infrastructure evolves
- how CSPs are using big data analytics to identify prospects for new services or service and product adjuncts, and social media technologies for opening up new channels
- how customer care is evolving to support the CSPs' entry into new businesses in the digital economy.
The service in detail
For a typical 12-month subscription, our clients can expect the following.
- Market share report: provides analysis of the customer care segment overall, based on continuous briefings and market analysis. It includes market shares of leading vendors, vendor comparisons, market definitions and recommendations.
- Market forecast report: provides analysis of the customer care segment overall, based on continuous briefings and market analysis. It includes five-year market forecasts for major customer care sub-segments, analysis of the business environment, an examination of market drivers, and recommendations for clients.
- Strategic report: a comprehensive overview of the latest strategic approaches to customer care.
- Viewpoint reports: cover a specific area in telecoms software or a new market opportunity relevant to our clients. They include a market definition, analysis of the topic's importance and potential impact on the client, and a prediction of market development in the next three years.
- Comments: include concrete examples of specific company approaches as well as pertinent commentary on trends and developments.
- Company profiles: include financial data, details of main products and key customers, an analysis of market position and of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Access to experts: unmetered access to our subject matter experts and thought leaders for additional insight and opinion, providing practical advice in answer to ad hoc questions relating to our research.
Telecoms software market segments
Customer care sub-segments explained
- Customer interaction systems provide channels for customer self-service and direct machine-to-customer information.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) provides sophisticated marketing, sales and operational support to CSP agents who deal with customers.
- Subscriber management software comes bundled with the billing system. In smaller CSPs, subscriber management directly supports care agents and direct customer interaction. In CSPs that use CRM, subscriber management has a much more limited role.
- Device management systems manage multi-vendor mobile and fixed end-user devices and their enabling software, including handsets, smartphones, tablets, home network controllers and others.