Analysys Mason's Telecoms Software Markets research stream provides market share and forecast data, as well as in-depth analysis of trends in the worldwide telecoms software market. Service Assurance is one of the programmes in this research stream. A CSP's service assurance and fulfilment systems constitute its operations support systems (OSS).
Our industry analysts will help you to:
- establish a clear position on technologies and services affecting the telecoms software market
- make informed business decisions on the strategic direction of your company
- understand from the data we provide how quickly a market is developing.
Some of the issues we address include:
- when service assurance spending will materialise, and in what areas to support LTE, carrier Ethernet and cloud computing
- which mobile CSPs are making investments in service quality and customer experience management
- real-time network analytics
- emerging market opportunities in M2M, cloud and mobile broadband services
- integration with OSS and BSS systems, such as radio access network (RAN) optimisation in network planning and policy management.
The service in detail
For a typical 12-month subscription, our clients can expect:
- Market share report: provides analysis of the service assurance segment overall, based on continuous briefings and market analysis. It includes market shares of leading vendors, vendor comparisons, market definitions and recommendations.
- Market forecast report: provides analysis of the service assurance segment overall, based on continuous briefings and market analysis. It includes five-year market forecasts for major service assurance sub-segments, analysis of the business environment, an examination of market drivers, and recommendations for clients.
- Strategic report: a comprehensive overview of the latest strategic approaches to service assurance.
- Viewpoint: covering a specific area in telecoms software or a new market opportunity relevant to our clients. It includes a market definition, analysis of the topic's importance and potential impact on the client, and a prediction of market development in the next three years.
- Comments: include concrete examples of specific company approaches as well as pertinent commentary on trends and developments.
- Company profiles: include financial data, details of main products and key customers, an analysis of market position and of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Access to experts: unmetered access to our subject matter experts and thought leaders for additional insight and opinion, providing practical advice in answer to ad hoc questions relating to our research.
Telecoms software market segments
Service assurance sub-segments explained
- Service management systems link customers to their individual services, and enable CSPs to generate granular reports on each customer and service to validate service-level commitments.
- Fault and event management systems interface with the network elements and element management systems supplied by equipment manufacturers. Their value is measured by their ability to reduce the time required to resolve a problem in the network.
- Performance monitoring systems collect circuit-switched and packet data from the network elements and element management systems supplied by equipment manufacturers. Most commercial systems provide reports for operations staff.
- Workforce automation software is used to track incidents resulting from service disruption and to dispatch field resources effectively.
- Probe systems rely on dedicated hardware and software agents to collect signalling and media data from the network.