Analysys Mason's Telecoms Software research stream provides market share and forecast data, as well as in-depth analysis of trends in the global telecoms software market. Revenue Management (formerly ‘Billing') is one of the programmes in this research stream. A CSP's revenue management and customer care systems constitute its business support systems (BSS).
We evaluate revenue management successes and failures of leading CSPs, compare leading software and solution suppliers, and identify the primary factors contributing to investments in this market segment.
Our industry analysts will help you to:
- understand the positioning of products and vendors in the revenue management market
- make informed business decisions on the strategic direction of your company
- establish a clear position for your investments in technologies and services.
Some of the issues we address include:
- how data, cloud, M2M and content services lead to new billing deployments
- the impact of cloud and content services on partner settlements
- where analytics are being deployed and which vendors are best suited to succeed in the market
- the impact of policy management on data services and on legacy systems.
The service in detail
For a typical 12-month subscription, our clients can expect the following.
- Market share report: provides analysis of the revenue management segment overall, based on continuous briefings and market analysis. It includes market shares of leading vendors, vendor comparisons, market definitions and recommendations.
- Market forecast report: provides analysis of the revenue management segment overall, based on continuous briefings and market analysis. It includes five-year market forecasts for major revenue management sub-segments, analysis of the business environment, an examination of market drivers, and recommendations for clients.
- Strategic report: a comprehensive overview of the latest strategic approaches to revenue management.
- Viewpoint report: cover a specific area in telecoms software or a new market opportunity relevant to our clients. It includes a market definition, analysis of the topic's importance and potential impact on the client, and a prediction of market development in the next three years.
- Comments: includes concrete examples of specific company approaches as well as pertinent commentary on trends and developments.
- Company profiles: include financial data, details of main products and key customers, an analysis of market position and of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Access to experts: unmetered access to our subject matter experts and thought leaders for additional insight and opinion, providing practical advice in answer to ad hoc questions relating to our research.
Telecoms software market segments
Revenue management sub-segments explained
- Billing covers rating, pricing and charging functions, the core billing systems that determine the price of billable events and create bills.
- Partner and interconnect systems manage the relationship a CSP has with other CSPs and partners, such as content providers.
- Business optimisation includes fraud, expense management, revenue assurance, analytics and data retention.
- Mediation systems collect network events and format them for processing by other systems.