ABI Research is the leading source of strategic technology and industry market intelligence for next-generation Intelligent Transportation. Our extensive research
examines trends like Freight-as-a-Service, the multi-modal EV industry, truck platooning, ADAS, prognostics, digital marketplaces, last mile deliveries, and Over the
Air solutions. We deliver nascent, transformational insights to technology influencers to impact their competitiveness, efficiency, revenue streams and customer's
satisfaction in the rapidly evolving industry from local to long-haul freight to off-road vehicle markets.
TOP QUESTIONS WE RECEIVE FROM INDUSTRY INNOVATORS:
- How should my company take advantage of the ‘Uberization' of trucking and cargo optimization?
- What advantages and challenges will my company face as more open-source platforms emerge including digital marketplaces?
- Are my company's latest technology offerings in danger of vehicle and cargo cybersecurity issues? How can we proactively prepare to address such concerns?
- How does connected commercial vehicle's data stay actionable, timely, and secure?
- Who should own the data and how should it be accessed, shared and monetized?
- What other companies should my organization look to partner with for increased efficiencies? What are advantages of horizontal versus vertical growth?
- Where does my company fit within this competitive landscape? What options should we consider including off-road like construction and agriculture?
- Which hardware strategy, if any, should my company pursue? How will gateways disrupt?
- How can my company prepare for the emergence of disruptive service-based models?
- How will this change our business, and who should we partner with?
- What is the future of aftermarket fleet solutions? When will OEM telematics become dominant?
- How will embedded vehicle technology like ADAS, prognostics and OTA impact traditional telematics?
- Which fleet segments are most promising? Should my company focus on a key segment, delivery, or service?
- How should my company acquire fleet management system vendors, or should we grow organically? Will consolidation occur?
- How and when will autonomous commercial vehicle technology, like platooning and driverless trucks, impact the fleet and transportation markets?
- Will there be a future for vehicle-based delivery with the emergence of drones and robots?
- Will the ridesharing paradigm expand into the transportation and goods delivery market?
- How important are multi-modal transportation services and technologies across road, rail, air, and sea?
- What opportunities exist for monitoring in-dash, in-cab and cross truck?
- Which regions represent the best opportunities for intelligent transportation industry expansion?
- What are the key roadside infrastructure/V2I opportunities?
- How will industry consolidation affect the vendor/supplier ecosystem?
- How will current and planned regulations impact my business?
- Prognostics and OTA
- OS's for software defined cockpit (TCU) and software defined vehicle (ECU)
- Industry disruptors
- Commercial vehicle telematics
- Cybersecurity in connected vehicles
- Fleet management market
- Mobile resource management applications
- Integrated commercial-grade navigation systems
- Artificial intelligence, deep learning, and collective intelligence in transportation
- ADAS and autonomous driving technology in trucks and commercial vehicles
- Drone and robot usage for parcel delivery
- Dynamic tolling
- Fixed and wireless EV charging infrastructure
- Asset tracking
- Multimodal container transportation for air, maritime, and rail
- Truck platooning
- Vehicle to-Infrastructure (V2I)
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Vehicle-to-everything (V2X)
Blockchain in the Supply Chain: Reducing Friction for Faster and More Efficient Logisitics
This report looks at emerging use cases for blockchain in the supply chain industry (which includes manufacturing, sourcing, procurement, processing, management, compliance, insurance, logistics, telematics, tracking, monitoring, purchasing, sales and marketing).
How does blockchain fit into the increased digitization of the industry and what issues can it solve? As an emergent technology, the focus is on proof of concepts and pilots currently being run by ecosystem players, as well as evaluation of market maturity, potential revenue models, startup dynamics, and industry alliances.