This strategic assessment of Philips, one of the world's leading diagnostic imaging companies, provides significant competitor information, analysis, and insight critical to the development and implementation of effective marketing and R&D programs. The new report from Venture Planning Group presents a comprehensive analysis of the company's performance, capabilities, goals, and strategies in the global diagnostic imaging market.
About Venture Planning Group
Venture Planning Group is an international market research, publishing and management consulting firm, providing syndicated and custom services to corporate executives and key decision-makers in the healthcare, biotechnology, chemical, food and beverage, electronics, and other industries.
VPG has served over 1,000 corporations in 70 countries, and has established a broad network of domestic and international contacts with industry executives, opinion leaders, and experts from leading universities, research centers, the financial community and the government.
Contains: 133 pages and 10 tables.
Table of Contents
SECTION I: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY SECTION II: BUSINESS ORGANIZATION
- A 3-15 page synopsis of key sections.
- History of the company’s diagnostic imaging business evolution, which is important to
understanding the corporate culture, management mentality and strategies.
- Recent acquisitions, divestitures and major organizational changes.
- Current organizational structure.
SECTION III: SENIOR MANAGEMENT
- Names, titles and background of key executives.
SECTION IV: FACILITIES AND EMPLOYEES SECTION V: TECHNOLOGICAL KNOW-HOW
- Administrative, manufacturing and R&D facilities in the U.S. and abroad.
- Manufacturing practices.
- New plants under construction.
- The U.S. and international work force size and distribution.
- Internally developed and acquired diagnostic imaging and related technologies, including
X-ray, ultrasound, MRI, CT, nuclear medicine, PET, PACS, and others.
SECTION VI: PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- Placements and installed base of major systems in the U.S. and abroad, by modality.
- Review of major product lines.
- Applications, advantages and weaknesses of leading products.
SECTION VII: MARKETING TACTICS
- Promotional tactics.
- Distribution approaches.
- Product service and support.
- Customer relations.
SECTION VIII: FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- Estimated sales and operating profit by division, geographic region and product line.
- Five-year sales and operating profit performance.
SECTION IX: R&D EXPENDITURES AND MAJOR PROGRAMS
- Estimated R&D budget.
- Research facilities and staff.
- New technologies, systems and applications in development.
SECTION X: COLLABORATIVE ARRANGEMENTS
- Joint ventures, distribution, O.E.M. and licensing partners, both industrial and academic.
- Terms of collaborative agreements and specific products involved.
SECTION XI: STRATEGIC DIRECTION
- Specific business, new product development and marketing strategies.
- Anticipated acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures.