Chinese top-tier solar companies cost competitiveness.
- Compared to year 2009 Chinese top tier manufacturing cost decreased by
- Compared to year 2010 Wafer manufacturing cost decreased by 1/3.
- Cell/Module which requires large amount of component material has the
lowest manufacturing cost reduction level.
The report contains world's most cost competitive Chinese Top Tier companies
(A: Polysilicon-Ingot-Wafer, B: Cell-Module) quarterly cost analysis from 2009
to 2011 and quarterly cost forecast from 2012 to 2015. In addition, the report
holds in-depth analysis and forecast on strategies for cutting costs,
depreciation, operating profit and CapEx, Opex quarterly information.
- Raw material Cost Analysis (2010~2015F)
- Process Cost and Average Selling Price (2010~2015F)
- CapEx & OpEx (2010~2015F)
- Profit Margin & Net Profit Margin (2010~2015F)
- R&D Topics (2011~2015F)
- Capacity & Production by quarter (2010~2015F)\
Company "A"s current production cost is 41.2% compared to Q1 in 2009. Company
"A" where production of polysilicon and ingot/wafer is vertically integrated
is a company in China which is the largest global producer of solar cell and a
top cost competitive country. Among the main ingredient there was a 30%
reduction on TCS gas section. This may be due to the fact that from Q4 in 2010
100% in house system was taken place. In addition by improving the equipment
performance and yield ratio 13.4% cost reduction was obtained.
"A" companies ingot and wafer manufacturing cost level compared to Q1 in 2009
is currently 50.8% and 34.8% respectively. Quartz Crucible, Argon gas,
electricity cost in order significantly contributed to cost reduction.
For wafer, saw wire and abrasive led to cost saving by 15% respectively. With
the introduction of diamond wire saw more then 16% of the cost saving is
planned for year 2012.
China's leading cost competitive company "B" achieved on average of 35% of
cost reduction. Among cell production cost, paste achieved 20% reduction. The
gradual decrease in paste consumption and the change in market price of paste
are analyzed as two reasons.
Module which requires largest amount of subsidiary materials shows uniform
cost reduction in various fields. The cost reduction level shown below appears
to be from the reason of price decline in component material.
The Top Tier companies in China, led to cost savings of an average of 50
percent compared to three years ago. Domestic and foreign solar companies need
to identify China's production cost level and redefine business strategy.
Table of Contents
1. TOP Tier "A" Polysilicon
- 1.1. Polysilicon Manufacturing Process Overview
- 1.2. Polysilicon Capacity & Production by Plant, by Quarter (2009~2015F)
- 1.3. Polysilicon Cost Analysis by Quarter (2009~2015F)
- 1.3.1. Raw Material Cost and Consumption by Quarter (2009~2015F)
- 184.108.40.206 Power Consumption (kWh/kg) and Cost (USD/kg) analysis
- 220.127.116.11 Slim Rod Average Selling Price and Cost analysis (2009~2015F)0
- 1.3.2. Polysilicon Production Cost Structure (2009~2015F)
- 1.3.3. Polysilicon Profit Margin and Average Selling Price (2009~2015F)0
- 1.4. R&D Topics and Cost Reduction Plan (2011~2015F)
- 1.5. CapEx by Plant (2009~2015F)
- 1.6 OPEX and Net Profit Margin (2009~2015F)
- 1.7. Conclusion
2. TOP TIER "A" Ingot/Wafer (156Multi, 156 Quasi-Mono)
- 2.1. Mono Ingot/Wafer and Multi Ingot/Wafer Manufacturing Process Overview
- 2.2. Ingot/Wafer Capacity & Production by Plant, by Quarter (2010~2015F)
- 2.3. Ingot and Wafer Cost Analysis (2010~2015F)
- 2.3.1. Ingot Cost Structure (2010~2015F)
- 18.104.22.168 Multi Crystalline Ingot Production Cost Structure (2010~2015F)
- 22.214.171.124 Mono Crystalline Ingot Production Cost Structure (2011~2015F)
- 126.96.36.199 Raw Material Cost and Consumption of Ingot Process (2010~2015F)
- 2.3.2. Wafer Cost Analysis (2010~2015F)
- 188.8.131.52 Multi and Mono Crystalline Wafer Cutting Process Cost
Structure (2010~2015F) 184.108.40.206 Raw Material Cost and Consumption of Wafer
- 220.127.116.11 Multi Crystalline Wafer Production Cost Structure (2010~2015F)
- 18.104.22.168 Mono Crystalline Wafer Production Cost Structure (2011~2015F)
- 22.214.171.124 Multi and Mono Wafer Profit Margin and Average Selling Price
- 2.4. New Technology Application and Cost Reduction Plan (2011~2015F)
- 2.5. CapEx by Plant (2010~2015F)
- 2.6. OPEX and Net Profit Margin (2010~2015F)
- 2.7. Conclusion