IT is an integrated platform that includes hardware, software, and service solutions. An IT department of an organization is responsible for storing, protecting, processing, transmitting, and retrieving information. The role of the IT section in an organization is to integrate various business processes through hardware, software, and services solutions and smooth the flow of information and processes. IT also helps organizations to align their business processes with various other technologies. It is required to develop a safe and secure cyber environment, maintain a uniform flow of information, and help increase the revenue generation of an organization. Awareness of these benefits is leading several companies in China, the world's second largest economy, to invest heavily in IT. The rapid economic growth in the IT market in China has encouraged many business organizations to invest in the IT sector and contribute toward the development of IT infrastructure in the country.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the IT market in China will grow at a CAGR of 10.62 percent over the period 2013-2018.
Covered in this Report
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the IT market in China for the period 2014-2018.
The IT market in China is predominantly categorized into three segments: Hardware, Software, and Services. The report also covers the IT spending across key end-user segments and the market share analysis of the top vendors in the market.
TechNavio's report, IT Market in China 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers IT market in China landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
Digital China Holdings Ltd.
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
Lenovo Group Ltd.
Other Prominent Vendors
Amazon Web Services Inc.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Cisco Systems Inc.
ECS Holdings Ltd.
Founder Group Co. Ltd.
HiSoft Technology International Ltd.
Hitachi Solutions Ltd.
Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd.
Ingram Micro Inc.
Insigma Group Co. Ltd.
Inspur Group Co. Ltd.
Kingdee International Software Group Co. Ltd.
Kingsoft Corp. Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
SAS Institute Inc.
UFIDA Software Co. Ltd.
Key Market Driver
Rise in FDI
For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Market Challenge
Increasing Piracy in the Software Segment
For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Market Trend
Increasing Adoption of e-Commerce
For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Questions Answered in this Report
What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be?
What are the key market trends?
What is driving this market?
What are the challenges to market growth?
Who are the key vendors in this market space?
What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
You can request one free hour of our analyst's time when you purchase this market report. Details are provided within the report.
Table of Contents
01. Executive Summary
02. List of Abbreviations
03. Scope of the Report
- 03.1 Market Overview
- 03.2 Product Offerings
04. Market Research Methodology
- 04.1 Market Research Process
- 04.2 Research Methodology
06. Country Profile - China
- 06.1 Geography
- 06.2 People and Language
- 06.3 Economic Indicators
- 06.4 Communication Facilities in China
07. Preferential Tax-regime for Hi-tech Enterprises
08. Market Landscape
- 08.1 Market Overview
- 08.2 Market Size and Forecast
09. E-Government Initiatives in China
- 09.1 The Golden Projects
- 09.1.1 Golden Bridge
- 09.1.2 Golden Card
- 09.1.3 Golden Customs
10. Doing Business in China
- 10.1 Key Indicators
- 10.2 Five Forces Analysis
11. Competitive Advantages - China
- 11.1.1 High Quality ICT Infrastructure
- 11.1.2 Global Competitive Index Ranking
- 11.1.3 Global Sustainability Competitiveness of Countries
12. Market Segmentation by Category
- 12.1 IT Hardware Market in China
- 12.1.1 Market Size and Forecast
- 12.1.2 Market Segmentation
- 12.2 IT Software Market in China
- 12.2.1 Market Size and Forecast
- 12.3 IT Services Market in China
- 12.3.1 Market Size and Forecast
13. Market Segmentation by End-users
14. Geographic Market Segmentation
- 14.1 Geographic Segmentation by Regions
- 14.2 Geographic Segmentation by Cities
15. Buying Criteria
16. Market Growth Drivers
17. Drivers and their Impact
18. Market Challenges
19. Impact of Drivers and Challenges
20. Market Trends
21. Trends and their Impact
22. Vendor Landscape
- 22.1 Competitive Scenario
- 22.2 Market Share Analysis 2013
- 22.3 Other Prominent Vendors
- 22.3.1 Acer Inc.
- 22.3.2 Cisco Systems Inc.
- 22.3.3 Inspur Group Co. Ltd.
- 22.3.4 Microsoft Corp.
- 22.3.5 NetEase Inc.
- 22.3.6 NeuSoft Corp.
- 22.3.7 Oracle Corp.
- 22.3.8 SAP AG
23. Key Vendor Analysis
- 23.1 Lenovo Group Ltd.
- 23.1.1 Key Facts
- 23.1.2 Business Overview
- 23.1.3 Business Segmentation
- 23.1.4 Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- 23.1.5 Business Segmentation by Revenue 2012 and 2013
- 23.1.6 Sales by Geography
- 23.1.7 Business Strategy
- 23.1.8 Key Information
- 23.1.9 SWOT Analysis
- 23.1.10 Strengths
- 23.1.11 Weaknesses
- 23.1.12 Opportunities
- 23.1.13 Threats
- 23.2 Hewlett Packard Co.
- 23.2.1 Key Facts
- 23.2.2 Business Overview
- 23.2.3 Business Segmentation
- 23.2.4 Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- 23.2.5 Business Segmentation by Revenue 2012 and 2013
- 23.2.6 Sales by Geography
- 23.2.7 Business Strategy
- 23.2.8 Key Information
- 23.2.9 SWOT Analysis
- 23.2.10 Strengths
- 23.2.11 Weaknesses
- 23.2.12 Opportunities
- 23.2.13 Threats
- 23.3 Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd.
- 23.3.1 Key Facts
- 23.3.2 Business Overview
- 23.3.3 Business Segmentation
- 23.3.4 Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- 23.3.5 Business Segmentation by Revenue 2012 and 2013
- 23.3.6 Sales by Geography
- 23.3.7 Key Information
- 23.3.8 SWOT Analysis
- 23.3.9 Strengths
- 23.3.10 Weaknesses
- 23.3.11 Opportunities
- 23.3.12 Threats
- 23.4 Digital China Holding Ltd.
- 23.4.1 Key Facts
- 23.4.2 Business Overview
- 23.4.3 Business Segmentation
- 23.4.4 Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- 23.4.5 Revenue Comparison for the last three years
- 23.4.6 Business Strategy
- 23.4.7 Key Information
- 23.4.8 SWOT Analysis
- 23.4.9 Strengths
- 23.4.10 Weaknesses
- 23.4.11 Opportunities
- 23.4.12 Threats
- 23.5 International Business Machines Corp.
- 23.5.1 Key Facts
- 23.5.2 Business Description
- 23.5.3 Business Segmentation
- 23.5.4 Revenue Segmentation by Business Segments
- 23.5.5 Revenue Segmentation by Business Operation
- 23.5.6 Revenue Comparison of Business Segments 2012 and 2013
- 23.5.7 Revenue Segmentation by Geography
- 23.5.8 Business Strategy
- 23.5.9 Key Developments
- 23.6 SWOT Analysis
- 23.6.1 Strengths
- 23.6.2 Weaknesses
- 23.6.3 Opportunities
- 23.6.4 Threats
24. Other Reports in this Series
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 1: Market Research Methodology
- Exhibit 2: Key Economic Indicators
- Exhibit 3: GDP of China at Current Prices (US$ trillion)
- Exhibit 4: Key Communication Indicators of China
- Exhibit 5: Overview of the IT Market in China
- Exhibit 6: IT Market in China 2013-2018 (US$ billion)
- Exhibit 7: Doing Business Indicators
- Exhibit 8: Doing Business Ranking Indicators
- Exhibit 9: Doing Business DTF Indicators
- Exhibit 10: Time and Cost Associated for Starting a Business in China
- Exhibit 11: Categories of NRI Framework by Sub indexes and Pillars
- Exhibit 12: NRI Ranking of Different Countries
- Exhibit 13: Global Competitive Index Rankings, 2013-2014
- Exhibit 14: Structure of Sustainability Adjusted Global Competitive Index
- Exhibit 15: Sustainability Adjusted Global Competitive Index 2013-2014
- Exhibit 16: IT Market in China by Category Segmentation 2013
- Exhibit 17: Category Segmentation of IT Market in China 2013-2018
- Exhibit 18: IT Hardware Market in China 2013-2018 (US$ billion)
- Exhibit 19: Segmentation of IT Hardware Market in China 2013
- Exhibit 20: IT Software Market in China 2013-2018 (US$ billion)
- Exhibit 21: IT Services Market in China 2013-2018 (US$ billion)
- Exhibit 22: IT Market in China by End-user Segmentation 2013
- Exhibit 23: IT Market in China by End-user Segmentation 2013-2018 (US$ billion)
- Exhibit 24: Geographic Segmentation by Regions
- Exhibit 25: IT Market in China by City-wise Segmentation 2013
- Exhibit 26: IT Market in China by Vendor Segmentation 2013
- Exhibit 27: Lenovo Group Ltd.: Business Segmentation 2013
- Exhibit 28: Lenovo Group Ltd.: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- Exhibit 29: Lenovo Group Ltd.: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2012 and 2013(US$ million)
- Exhibit 30: Lenovo Group Ltd.: Sales by Geography 2013
- Exhibit 31: Hewlett Packard Co: Business Segmentation 2013
- Exhibit 32: Hewlett Packard Co: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013(US$ million)
- Exhibit 33: Hewlett Packard Co: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2012 and 2013(US$ million)
- Exhibit 34: Hewlett Packard Co: Sales by Geography 2013
- Exhibit 35: Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd.: Business Segmentation 2013
- Exhibit 36: Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd.: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- Exhibit 37: Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2012 and 2013(US$ million)
- Exhibit 38: Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd: Sales by Geography 2013
- Exhibit 39: Digital China Holding Ltd: Business Segmentation 2013
- Exhibit 40: Digital China Holding Ltd: Business Segmentation by Revenue 2013
- Exhibit 41: Digital China Holding Ltd: Revenue comparison (US$ million)
- Exhibit 42: Business Segmentation of IBM Corp.
- Exhibit 43: Revenue Segmentation of IBM Corp. 2013
- Exhibit 44: Revenue Segmentation of IBM Corp. 2013
- Exhibit 45: Revenue Comparison of Business Segments 2012 and 2013 (US$ million)
- Exhibit 46: Revenue Segmentation of IBM Corp. by Geography 2013