This IDC study answers the following questions:
- What is the growth rate for subscription software revenue worldwide, and how does this compare with total worldwide software revenue?
- What are IDC's predictions and assumptions relating to market forces impacting the growth of software revenue sold via subscription license models?
- What are the key buyer and supplier trends that are impacting the growth of subscription software revenue?
"Subscription software revenue is becoming a mainstream reality in the software industry," said Amy Konary, research vice president for Software Licensing and Provisioning. "IDC expects that subscription momentum will continue to build throughout the forecast period. Perpetual license revenue and maintenance revenue will be flat or growing in single-digit revenue."
Table of Contents
In This Study
- Forecast and Assumptions
- Market Context
- Related Research
- Historical Market Values and Exchange Rates
List of Tables
- Table: Worldwide Software Subscription Revenue, 2011-2018 ($M)
- Table: Top 3 Assumptions for the Worldwide Software Subscription Market, 2014-2018
- Table: Key Forecast Assumptions for the Worldwide Software Subscription Market, 2014-2018
- Table: Worldwide Software Subscription Revenue, 2009-2018: Comparison of June 2013 and June 2014 Forecasts ($M)
List of Figures
- Figure: Changes Expected in Licensing Strategy in the Next 18-24 Months
- Figure: Worldwide Software Subscription Revenue, 2009-2018: Comparison of June 2013 and June 2014 Forecasts
- Figure: Worldwide Software Subscription Revenue Growth, 2010-2018: Comparison of June 2013 and June 2014 Forecasts