This is an update to the 2012 edition. It contains additional marketing data,
new companies, and contacts. The directory represents worldwide information on
Unmanned Aeronautical Vehicles (UAV) systems presently being manufactured.
With the industry changing rapidly, it is difficult to track companies
entering and exiting the field. This compilation has been put together from a
number of sources including association membership, tradeshows, publications,
press releases, websites, and government reports.
This UAV Marketing Directory includes:
- UAV Marketing Data
- Worldwide Systems Manufacturers Directory
- Systems by Country and Manufacturers
- Industry Contacts
- UAV Test Facilities Worldwide
- Airship Suppliers and Capabilities
This directory is intended to be a marketing guide for subsystem, components,
and other companies unfamiliar with the UAV market.
What's in a Name?
There are many terms being used for Unmanned Aerial Systems, such as UAV, UAS,
STUAS, VCLASS, VTUAV, UCAV, BAMS, RPV, RPAs, Drones, UCAS, Target Drones, etc.
This Marketing guide covers all aerial Unmanned Systems, including fixed wing,
rotary wing, helicopters, airships, tethered vehicles, and others.
The UAV Marketing Directory has been written for the companies in the field
and those thinking of entering the field.
This is more than a directory; it can serve as a marketing guide. It consists
of three main parts:
- Executive Summary of the UAV market
- Directory of UAV Systems Suppliers and Contact Information
- Appendix containing a wealth of information on countries and companies,
involved in UAVs, as well as information on airships and test facilities
Table of Contents
- What's in a Name?
- The IGI Group
- Directory Contents
1.0 Executive Summary
- 1.1Indicators of Market Growth and Needs
- 1.1.1 Usage of UAVs by the Military
- 1.1.2 Growth in the Number of Companies in the UAV Field
- 1.1.3 UAV Market Forecasts
- 1.1.4 UAV Market Share by Country
- 1.1.5 Market Share by Company (%)
- 1.1.6 Market Needs
- 1.1.7 UAV Standards Activities
- 1.1.8 Major Issues in UAV Wiring
2.0 UAV Directory of Systems Suppliers Worldwide
- A.S. Yakovlev Design Bureau
- AAI Unmanned Aircraft Systems Corp (Textron Systems)
- Acuity Technologies
- Adaptive Flight
- Advanced Ceramics Research
- Advanced Technologies and Engineering Pty Ltd
- AERIE GmbH
- Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA)
- Aeros Aeronautical Systems
- Aerosonde Pty Ltd
- Aerostar International Inc.
- AeroVironment, Inc. (AV)
- Aeryon Labs Internationa
- Alenia Aeromacchi
- AME Unmanned Air Systems (formerly Aeromech Engineering, Inc.)
- American Blimp Corp.
- Arcturus UAV
- Athena Technologies
- Aurora Flight Sciences Corp.
- Aviation Alberta
- Avibras Industria Aeroespacial
- Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC)
- BAE Systems Ltd.
- BAE Systems Inc.
- BCB International
- Bell Helicopter Textron Inc.
- Boeing Defense, Space, & Security
- Canadian Centre For Unmanned Vehicle Systems (CCUVS)
- Carter Aviation Technologies
- Center for Interdisciplinary Remotely Piloted Aircraft Studies (CIRPAS)
- Chandler May, Inc
- China Aerospace Science and Technology Corp (CASC)
- China Academy of Aerospace Aerodynamics (CAAA)
- China National Space Administration
- Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology (CSIST)
- Cody Technology Park
- Composite Engineering Inc. (CEI)
- Cranfield Aerospace Ltd. (CAE)
- Cybaero AB
- CyPhy Works, Inc.
- Dassault Aviation
- Datron World Communications Inc.
- DCS Corp
- Denel Dynamics
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Drone America Inc
- DRS Unmanned Technologies
- DIEHL BGT Defence
- EADS 3 Sigma
- EADS Astrium
- EADS Innovation Works
- EADS North America
- Elbit Systems Ltd.
- EMT Ingenieurgesellschaft
- Enics, CJSC
- Falcon UAV
- Flight Technologies Co.
- FSO Strella
- Fuji Aerospace (a division of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.)
- Gates Technology
- General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI)
- Goliath Aeronautics Defense Systems
- Goodrich Corp
- Griffin Aerospace
- Gyrofly Innovations
- Government of Alberta
- Hanwha Corp.
- Hindustan Aerospace Ltd. (HAL)
- Honeywell Aerospace
- Hybrid Air Vehicles Ltd. (HAV)
- Indra Sistemas, SA
- Innocon Ltd
- Insitu (Boeing Subsidiary)
- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
- Irkut Corp.
- Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI)
- Kaman Aerospace Group
- Korean Aerospace Industries Ltd (KAI)
- Korean Air Aerospace Division
- L-3 Unmanned Systems
- LDV SA
- Lockheed Martin
- Malat Division (see Israel Aerospace Industries)
- Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory
- Meggitt Defense Systems Ltd.
- Microdrones GmBH
- Mig Russian Aircraft Corp
- Mission Technologies Inc.
- MLB Company
- Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (NUAA)
- National Aerospace Laboratory (NRL)
- NASA Dryden Flight Research Center
- Naval Postgraduate School
- Naval Research Lab
- New Mexico State University (NMSU)
- North Dakota UAS Team
- Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems
- Global Hawk Orders and Deliveries
- Northwest Polytechnic University
- Orbital Sciences Corp.
- Oregon Iron Works, Inc. (OIW)
- Piaggio Aero
- Procerus Technologies
- Prox Dynamics
- Raytheon Missile Systems
- Recon Robotics
- Rheinmetall Airborne Systems GmbH
- Rockwell Collins
- Ruag Aviation
- SAAB Aerosystems
- Sagem Defense Securite, Part of Safran Group
- Schiebel Electronisehe Geraete GmbH
- Schiebel Technology Inc.
- Schweitzer Aircraft Corp.
- Selex Galileo S.p.A
- Sikorsky Aircraft
- Silent Falcon UAS Technologies
- Singapore Technologies Aerospace Ltd
- Skive Aviation AG
- Southwest Research Institute
- Starkey Aerospace Corp (STARCOR)
- Stemme DG
- Survey Aerodome
- TAAE/ NMSU (See New Mexico State University)
- Textron Defense Systems
- Thales Avionics
- 3D Robotics
- TRG Helicopter Ltd
- Turkish Aerospace Industries, Inc. (TAI)
- UAS Dynamics, LLC
- UAV Flight Center
- Ucon System Inc.
- University of North Dakota (UND)
- Unmanned Aerial Systems, Inc.
- Unmanned Systems Inc.
- Upper Great Plains UAS (See North Dakota UAS TEAM)
- U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground
- Unmanned Systems Canada
- Unmanned Vehicle University
- Vaisalla Oy
- Vanguard Defense Industries LLC
- Vega Radio Engineering Group
- Vidsel Test Range
- V-Tol Aerospace Pty Ltd
- Warrior (Aero-Marine) Ltd
- Wales: UAS Turnkey Solutions
- Yamaha Motor Co Ltd
- Zala Aero Group
- Table 3.1 Major Systems Manufacturers & Number of UAV Systems by Country
- Table 3.2 Number of Companies and Systems by Country
- Table 3.3 The 50 Countries That Have Developed or Are Operating UAVs
- Table 3.4 Historical View of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Table 3.5 Analysis of the Airship Market
- Table 3.6 Technology Capabilities of Airships
- Table 3.7 Summary of Experimental UAV Test Facilities
- 3.7.1 Government UAV Test Facilities
- 3.7.2 Commercial Facilities
- 3.7.3 FAA Certified Test Facilities