This report provides:
- An1 overview of the global markets for graphene, with coverage of survey
emerging from graphene technologies and applications,.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013
and 2018 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023.
- Discussion of graphene technologies which are likely to achieve
significant commercial sales in the next five years to 10 years and develop
quantitative estimates of potential sales.
- Information specific to grapheme technologies, largely nontechnical in
nature and coverage.
- Findings concerning the market for their work, including the availability
of government and corporate research funding for different technologies and
In October 2010, two University of Manchester (U.K.) scientists, Andre Geim
and Konstantin Novoselov, were awarded the 2010 Nobel Prize in physics for
their research on graphene. Graphene is a sheet of carbon one atom thick yet
its strength, flexibility and electrical conductivity has opened up new
horizons for high-energy particle physics research and electronic, optical and
Potential electronics applications of graphene include ultrasmall transistors,
superdense data storage, touchscreens and wearable electronics. In the energy
field, potential applications include ultracapacitors to store and transmit
electrical power as well as highly efficient solar cells.
Some researchers argue that the greatest potential for graphene lay in its
ability to conduct light as well as electricity. They believe that graphene
can improve the efficiency of light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and aid in the
production of next-generation devices like flexible touchscreens,
photodetectors and ultrafast lasers.
The report has not been written specifically for scientists and technologists.
However, the report's findings concerning the market for their work, including
the availability of government and corporate research funding for different
technologies and applications, should interest this audience as well.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The report addresses emerging global markets for graphene, including the
applications listed below:
- Computing/data processing.
- Data storage.
- Thermal management.
- Solar cells.
- Sensing and imaging.
- Structural materials.
- Miscellaneous other applications.
- The study format includes and/or addresses the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- General properties of graphene.
- Historical milestones in the development of graphene.
- Emerging and developmental graphene technologies and applications that
have the greatest commercial potential through 2023.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each application and
material during the period from 2013 to 2018.
- General assessment of expected market trends in the longer term (2018 to
- Companies that are producing or developing commercial graphene
- Patent analysis.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION
CHAPTER 2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
CHAPTER 3 OVERVIEW
CHAPTER 4 RECENT PATENT ACTIVITY
CHAPTER 5 GRAPHENE TECHNOLOGIES FOR COMPUTING APPLICATIONS
CHAPTER 6 GRAPHENE TECHNOLOGIES FOR DATA STORAGE APPLICATIONS
CHAPTER 7 GRAPHENE TECHNOLOGIES FOR COMMUNICATIONS APPLICATIONS
CHAPTER 8 GRAPHENE TECHNOLOGIES FOR THERMAL MANAGEMENT APPLICATIONS
CHAPTER 9 GRAPHENE TECHNOLOGIES FOR SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC APPLICATIONS
CHAPTER 10 GRAPHENE TECHNOLOGIES FOR SENSOR APPLICATIONS
CHAPTER 11 GRAPHENE TECHNOLOGIES FOR TERAHERTZ IMAGING APPLICATIONS
CHAPTER 12 GRAPHENE TECHNOLOGIES FOR DISPLAY APPLICATIONS
CHAPTER 13 GRAPHENE TECHNOLOGIES FOR CAPACITIVE APPLICATIONS
CHAPTER 14 GRAPHENE TECHNOLOGIES FOR STRUCTURAL MATERIAL APPLICATIONS
CHAPTER 15 GRAPHENE TECHNOLOGIES FOR OTHER APPLICATIONS AND MARKETS
CHAPTER 16 INDUSTRY STRUCTURE 125
CHAPTER 17 APPENDIX: PATENTS
This Report contains 26 Tables, for more information please request a sample.
This Report contains 15 Figures, for more information please request a sample.