The market for analog TV broadcasts to mobile phones and mini-TV's had a good
year in South Asia in 2009, as consumers frequently adopted new handsets with
“free-to-air” TV capabilities.
This strategic report provides information about the outlook of the Analog
Mobile TV market across South Asia and offers analysis and forecasts on the
market opportunity for mobile television for 2009 - 2012. Consumer research
conducted in Q2 and Q3 is provided, as well as an update of the recent market
developments, key players to watch, and SWOT analysis of this emerging
Market leaders such as Telegent Systems are defining the market with their
high-performance, highly-integrated single-chip CMOS solutions enabling
free-to-air mobile TV in mobile handsets, portable devices and consumer
electronics. With support for both analog and digital broadcast standards,
Telegent's solutions allow mobile device manufacturers to provide consumers
with access to free, live TV programming at an attractive price point. Since
its inception, Telegent's mobile TV technology has been incorporated in more
than 50 million mobile handsets, sold to consumers in Southeast Asia, Latin
America, the Middle East and Africa, China
Table of Contents
1. Forecast and Outlook
- Market Forecast for Analog Mobile TV Handsets in South Asia
- Market Segmentation
- SWOT Analysis
- Best Markets for Analog Mobile TV Handsets in South Asia
- Barriers and Risks
2. Technology Companies to Watch in this Market
- Telegent Systems
- Legend Silicon
Some of the Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What is the market outlook for Mobile TV in Asia?
- What are the emerging trends in the Mobile TV market in Asia?
- What is demand the analog Mobile TV market for various countries in Asia?
- What are the key consumer segments that will see accelerated growth in the
Southeast Asia Mobile TV market?
- What are the sale prospects of premium phones in a
“price-sensitive” markets like Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand?
- What is the expected number of analog mobile TV broadcast viewers in
Southeast Asia in 2009 2013?
Countries Covered in this Report