Japan is the leading market for industrial gases in Asia Pacific, with the
country accounting for nearly 35% of the region's industrial gases market.
Merchant gases (liquefied, tank delivery) is the largest segment of the
industrial gases market in Japan.
The Japanese industrial gas market is characterized by the presence of large,
diversified international companies. The presence of such powerful incumbents'
acts as a significant barrier to entry and the need for substantial initial
investment to set up high volume production plants also reduces the threat of
new companies in the Japanese industrial gas market from establishing
themselves in this market.
The global industrial gases market witnessed a decline in value in 2009, owing
to the worldwide economic slowdown. The years 2010 and 2011 however, saw the
market rebound with the help of economic stimulus plans which spurred many
industrial and construction projects, further increasing the demand for
The future of the industrial gas market in Japan is predicted to be good and
the coming years will definitely bring significant growth in the sector.
Biggest players in the industry are Praxair, Inc., Air Water Inc., Air Liquide
SA and Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation.
Aruvians Rsearch analyzes the industrial gas industry in Japan in its research
report Analyzing the Market for Industrial Gases in Japan. The report is a
complete coverage of this industry as we analyze the market through an
industry overview, an analysis of the industry value, a look at the industry
segmentation by products and by geography, among other factors.
We also include an in-depth analysis of the competition in the Japanese
industrial gases market, which is followed by the analysis of the major
industry players such as Air Water Inc., Praxair, Air Liquide, amongst others.
The players are analyzed through a corporate profile, an analysis of their
business segments, a financial analysis, and a SWOT analysis.
A future perspective of the industry gases market in Japan is included in the
report, with forecast ranging from 2011 till 2016.
Aruvians' research report on the Industrial Gases Market in Japan is a
comprehensive analytical presentation on the subject.
Table of Contents
A. Executive Summary
B. Industry Definition
C. Industrial Gases in Japan
- C.1. Industry Overview
- C.2. Industry Value
- C.3. Industry Segmentation
- C.4. Geographical Segmentation
D. Competition in the Industry
E. Analysis of Major Players
- E.1. Air Water Inc.
- E.1.1. Corporate Profile
- E.1.2. Business Segment Analysis
- E.1.3. Financial Analysis
- E.1.4. SWOT Analysis
- E.2. Praxair, Inc.
- E.2.1. Corporate Profile
- E.2.2. Business Segment Analysis
- E.2.3. Financial Analysis
- E.2.4. SWOT Analysis
- E.3. Air Liquide
- E.3.1. Corporate Profile
- E.3.2. Business Segment Analysis
- E.3.3. Financial Analysis
- E.3.4. SWOT Analysis
- E.4. Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation
F. Industrial Gases in Japan: Future Perspective
G. Glossary of Terms
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Value of the Japanese Industrial Gases Industry (USD Million),
- Figure 2: Industry Segmentation by Products (%), 2011
- Figure 3: Japan's Share in the Asia Pacific Industrial Gas Industry (%),
- Figure 4: Forecast Value of the Japanese Industrial Gas Industry (USD
List of Tables
- Table 1: Value of the Japanese Industrial Gases Industry (USD Million),
- Table 2: Industry Segmentation by Products (%), 2011
- Table 3: Japan's Share in the Asia Pacific Industrial Gas Industry (%),
- Table 4: Forecast Value of the Japanese Industrial Gas Industry (USD